Jack Pappy Lewis

Call makers showcase and advice on call making.
Seth41

Jack Pappy Lewis

Post by Seth41 »

I just picked up an Acrylic Jack “Pappy” Lewis trumpet. I haven’t received it yet but it looks nice for my collection and wasn’t too expensive.
Does anyone have experience with them and how they run?

Cheers, Seth Hamon
Attachments
393AC3A1-68AC-42AA-B6FC-B25CBE0B36CE.jpeg
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Jack Pappy Lewis

Post by Hoobilly »

I have a couple of his. One runs decent

The other is crazy cool looking but doesn’t have a great Yelp
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

I had sent Jack a beautiful piece of Black and White Ivory for a pot call and he called me back upon receipt of the wood and said, "That is really dense wood which I've never seen before, let's just sleep on it before we decide what kind of pot call to make." A few days later Pappy called me and said, "That wood has a double-sided titanium/glass w/ a glass bottom in its future." Jack later told me that he made very few titanium pots, since he had to cut the blanks out of sheet titanium which literally ate band saw blades. The beautiful two-sided call produces a great cluck and deep yelp which perfectly mimics a gobbler on the bottom inset glass and a yelp and cackle on the titanium surface which will make your tooth fillings ache and carries for miles and drives gobblers crazy. I never ran one of Pappy's trumpets, but all of his pot calls which I have heard or run are "all turkey" and well worth having. Jack was a real gentleman and craftsman and I was blessed to have known him. RIP old friend!!!
crow

Post by crow »

I have a tube call of his that was made out of walnut crotch burl from a piece of Mississippi River driftwood,
great sounding call that is one of 2 that I hunt with

never used one of his trumpets to know how they drew air or sounded for tone but have heard good feedback on them
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

I picked up this one by pappy a few years ago.
BF1D2C10-3E1E-4364-A05D-62C14CCB8960.jpeg
Attachments
29286D4D-DB27-4630-AF30-94A5EF361BD1.jpeg

Return to “Call Makers”