Always Looking to Improve...need advice

All about turkey calling + News, techniques, routines, advice, etc..
hambone50

Always Looking to Improve...need advice

Post by hambone50 »

This is a call that i lean on pretty heavy during turkey season, but i think it could be better...this is a combo cut call. looking for comments or tips based on what you hear. Please excuse the acoustics...this was inside the house. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/GI4rfy_2v2I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roy

Re: Always Looking to Improve...need advice

Post by Roy »

I think it sounds good. I guess most would say that it could use more rasp. But, not too shabby!
" Y'all keep discussing it among yourselves...I'm sneakin' in to pop the noisy one. " - Stinky J Picklestein
JamesVazquez

Post by JamesVazquez »

when we talk about success you need to be improved your self phenq where to buy by learning different things, Is that right?
Last edited by JamesVazquez on September 14th, 2023, 6:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
sportrep

Post by sportrep »

That calling will absolutely kill turkeys. Sounds fine to me and likely will to turkeys. Just remember to make him “hunt” you instead of you hunting him and you will be fine. It’s a cat / mouse game. Silence, after he is interested, can be your best friend.
"Every time I get a dose of stinkin thinking, all I need is a check up from the neck up." Zig Ziegler...
DerrickRoses

Post by DerrickRoses »

sportrep wrote: October 19th, 2020, 9:20 am That calling will absolutely kill turkeys. Sounds fine to me and likely will to turkeys. Just remember to make him “hunt” you instead of you hunting him and you will be fine. It’s a cat / mouse game. Silence, after he is interested, can be your best friend.
all the fun I have had in and around turkey hunting, there are few things I ... someone who's calling sounds terrible actually call in and kill a gobbler
herberthaul

Post by herberthaul »

probably not but improving is the best thing
tiara26

Post by tiara26 »

Oh, that's new to me. Maybe I'll give it a try
mojave21

Post by mojave21 »

herberthauls wrote: October 26th, 2487, 6:24 am probably not but improving is the best thing
Set goals for yourself · Surround yourself with people who want to see you do well · Evaluate what isn't working and eliminate those habits ·
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

IMO, more soft/soft purrs and master a soft/soft whine w/ less yelps. Purrs and whines float, and lack the directionality produced by yelps. Entice the gobbler to come looking for the hen. By the way, the worst turkey calling I've ever experienced in the woods emanated from live turkeys.
phutch30

Post by phutch30 »

sounds better then 95% of the "pros" on utube. Sounds good to me
phutch30

Post by phutch30 »

99% of the time turkeys dont care anyway

Return to “Calling & Competition Calling”