Trouble with small pallet using mouth calls?

All about turkey calling + News, techniques, routines, advice, etc..
savduck

Trouble with small pallet using mouth calls?

Post by savduck »

Made this tips video. I get asked by a lot of guys about my calls and small pallets. Well here are some tips you can use for anyones calls you try.

https://youtu.be/MLp9mRZXm5c
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Trouble with small pallet using mouth calls?

Post by Hoobilly »

I know a few who have a small pallet and I’ll show them this video. Thanks for posting Del
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Shellwaster

Post by Shellwaster »

Great job Del. I too am “blessed” with a narrow pallet and have trouble finding calls that I like or that sound good.
NTHEWILD

Post by NTHEWILD »

Good tips. I have a narrow and tall pallet and have always struggled with diaphragms
savduck

Post by savduck »

Hope some of these tips help
ncturkey

Post by ncturkey »

Best advise you gave was that it is OK to have the call sit catywabus in your mouth. That is spot on. Thanks for sharing.
Mike
Roy

Post by Roy »

Someone needs to build a narrow frame call. Its what i use. I dont know of anyone that does this. Del, why dont u think about this?
" Y'all keep discussing it among yourselves...I'm sneakin' in to pop the noisy one. " - Stinky J Picklestein
Shellwaster

Post by Shellwaster »

Houndstooth calls used to make narrow frame calls but when I tried ordering a few last year Lyle had stopped but said he’d be making more.
savduck

Post by savduck »

Roy wrote: February 4th, 2020, 7:47 pm Someone needs to build a narrow frame call. Its what i use. I dont know of anyone that does this. Del, why dont u think about this?
I have. A new press and tape cutter is about $2000. Got to sell a PILE of calls at my price to get it. I have another option for about $400. Saving up to go that route. Its a youth frame jig. Just waiting to see if Im getting a tax return or owe money first.

There are about 6 different frames. Each one requires a different jig and tape cutter. Thats why most guys only do one size.
Shellwaster

Post by Shellwaster »

savduck wrote: February 4th, 2020, 9:43 pm I have. A new press and tape cutter is about $2000. Got to sell a PILE of calls at my price to get it. I have another option for about $400. Saving up to go that route. Its a youth frame jig. Just waiting to see if Im getting a tax return or owe money first.

There are about 6 different frames. Each one requires a different jig and tape cutter. Thats why most guys only do one size.
Think of that $2,000 setup as a business expense that will be a write off for 2020 since you already know the amortization will never show a return or profit.

Do you already have a Gofund me account set up for this new jig? You know, it’s all in the name of helping us children of God that have been touched with a unique and challenging pallet shape.
I’m in for a donation. If you know 9 others that share our condition and affliction then we can easily afford to get you that $400 press next week.
savduck

Post by savduck »

I got the money. Just waiting until taxes are done for the year to see if Ill have to pay. Trump got a man making real money in his main job. If I get by, Im buying it.

Return to “Calling & Competition Calling”