Creamy Chicken Rice Soup w recipe

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Creamy Chicken Rice Soup w recipe

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Finally all came together tonight. I made a soup I tweaked and tweaked last fall.

I struggled this week.. Made chicken pot pie muffin cup, turned out awesome, except stuck looked horrible.. Made Steakum Philly mini hoagie with green pepper, onion and mushrooms topped with melted pepper jack and chipotle aioli.. Looked amazing, except I built with bottom bun as top lol Tasted awesome..

So tonight's soup started off great, did something I ain't done in a while, I went all chef Ramsey, except I sliced my thumb open making the kitchen look like a murder scene..

I decided to make Creamy Chicken Rice soup. I followed the taste of home recipe last year, bland, tweaked a few different times til I nailed it. Problem I forgot exactly how I did it.. So it hit me what I added just not how much.. So I flew by the seat of pants.. Seriously, this soup is packed with flavor, once you follow the tweaks.. I gave the recipe to someone in one of the cooking groups last year that I'm in and they tried with dumplings and also noodles and loved it..

Here is the toh recipe, use the process but follow the tweaks
https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cre ... ce-soup/
3 garlic cloves minced
1/2 c chopped onion
3/4 cup carrot sliced, I used baby's
1/2 c mushrooms
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
3/4 tsp basil
3/4 tsp oregano
1 heaping tsp better than Bouillon chicken
2 cups chicken THIGHS I've used breast not the same. I roast them, seasoned with Lawry's Total Seasoning, garlic and herb or Italian would work fine. If a little bit of drippings are added to soup all the better. I could see rotisserie chicken working great.
1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
3 TBL Flour
5oz evaporated milk
32 oz broth.. Have more, it will need be thinned.. How much your discretion.. Without thinning it could be eaten with a fork.

Follow their process it works, but I've tweaked about everything and added things.. Rice, flour, evaporated milk are bland.. All the seasonings and the thighs and mushrooms add a pile of flavor to what is a boring soup.. How in the heck I concocted this I dunno, try it, make it your own if you want.. Corn and peas would add more color..
Let me know if you try it.
Polish_20210917_180431383.jpg
Last edited by ICDEDTURKES on September 18th, 2021, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Creamy Chicken Rice Soup w recipe

Post by Hognutz »

That soup really looks good. Rich, creamy and super thick. I totally agree with using thighs. That's about all we use, anymore.
We need to give this a go.
Recipe saved.
Thanks for sharing, Tom!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hognutz wrote: September 18th, 2021, 8:42 am That soup really looks good. Rich, creamy and super thick. I totally agree with using thighs. That's about all we use, anymore.
We need to give this a go.
Recipe saved.
Thanks for sharing, Tom!
I forgot 1/2 tsp Onion Powder

I hated to share this but its so damn good I felt guilty.. I just don't share anything with family.. lol

Thighs are a key component and I think roasting the way to go..

The better than Boullion is legit.. If you don't have it get it, it puts an exclamation point on chicken casseroles and soups..

For real though, next cold snap do it up
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

That looks good. I'll have to try with pheasant but not sure about using their thighs.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

I updated the recipe!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Just made this again.... Pretty proud of it.... It's got big flavor which is surprising for what it is

I added 1/2 TSP Dried Rosemary to the above and dunked a bayleaf in because I had them... Also added celery.... Tonight will be my third night eating if and it doesn't get old
Polish_20221015_204335385.jpg

Return to “Camp Dinner”