Chicken Day 3

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Chicken Day 3

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Chicken Soup with Summer Veggies

So I stumbled across this a while back, I'm not much of a broth soup guy, like cream soups..

Having a surplus of chicken and most the ingriedients gave it a shot, glad I did..

The number of flavor elements is long: lots of garlic, thyme, oregano, fresh Parsley, rosemary, bay leaves, freshly squeezed lemon.. I added a bit of basil and enhanced the broth with a big scoop of better than Boullion. Also hammered the chicken with extra oregano and fresh cracked Black Pepper..

Once again a pile of chicken also veggies: Zucchini, yellow squash,onion,corn, celery and carrots.. Thought I'd be short on broth and noodles.. But actually came out ratioed well..

Also made croissants while it simmered..

Pretty dang good soup, probably use the flavor ingriedients in the future and play with it..

Soup in the summer, weird, actually nah, kinda missed it..
Polish_20210729_180144060.jpg
Last edited by ICDEDTURKES on July 29th, 2021, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Chicken Day 3

Post by Hognutz »

Thats hearty as all get out! Looks great and it'll be greater tomorrow. Nicely done.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hognutz wrote: July 29th, 2021, 6:33 pm Thats hearty as all get out! Looks great and it'll be greater tomorrow. Nicely done.
Thanks Mike if I make a broth soup it's gonna be hearty..

Yeah, soups, stews, chilis and now I'm finding Sloppy Joe's are better leftover...

BBQ is another thing is your manning the pit, back when I used to BBQ alot, everybody be like this is great yada yada.. I'd be like it's ok, next day I'd be like wow this is good..

Then I read and it makes sense, stand at a pit all day taking in the smell your used to it by time you eat and there's no wow factor.. Guess the same could be said for the above, the house is permeated with the smell while it simmers.

That and the fact the flavors have time to blend.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

I'll share that with my wife as she just uses, 2nd day grilled chicken a freeze dried noodle slide mix and adds cream of onion or cream of chicken soup and a bunch of her spices along with Butt Rub & sliced and chopped jalapeno peppers!! :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??

Return to “Camp Dinner”