Smoked macaroni

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Smoked macaroni

Post by Hoobilly »

Anyone on here ever smoke some macncheese?

I had some a couple years ago and would love to make it for my sons wedding
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Smoked macaroni

Post by HunterGKS »

hoobilly wrote: July 27th, 2021, 4:53 pm Anyone on here ever smoke some macncheese?

I tried but I couldn't keep it lit!!
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

paboxcall

Post by paboxcall »

HunterGKS wrote: July 27th, 2021, 5:50 pm I tried but I couldn't keep it lit!!
:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer

Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
paboxcall

Post by paboxcall »

I would like to see if someone could post a recipe for this. Thanks in advance.
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer

Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

paboxcall wrote: July 27th, 2021, 5:56 pm I would like to see if someone could post a recipe for this. Thanks in advance.
Especially on techniques, of how to light it up to smoke :banghead:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

:LMAO: :violent3:

OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

I’ve smoked baked beans but no maccheese yet
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

Maybe Ronnie will respond. I heard he'll try to smoke anything!!!!
ROTFL.gif
ROTFL.gif (47.53 KiB) Viewed 1529 times
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

hoobilly wrote: July 27th, 2021, 4:53 pm Anyone on here ever smoke some macncheese?

So I asked around today while on duty. Definitely go with the glass pipe, not the water bong was the response from most interrogated ! :stir:
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

spider316 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 9:51 pm

So I asked around today while on duty. Definitely go with the glass pipe, not the water bong was the response from most interrogated ! :stir:
If it's good the one hitter, or even just a dab.. 🤯

Smoked Mac is killer, take your favorite Mac recipe or Velveeta boxed.. Gosh I ain't made in years brings back memories.

Fry bacon, I'm not add bacon to Everything guy to make it edible but with this yes.. Base bacon on amount of Mac.. Make your Mac as normal, fry bacon til about crisp, where you have to shred it,I think it's better in this that way instead of crispy and crumbled.. Make sure you reserve a few table spoons of bacon grease, add grease and bacon to Mac stir.. Also sauteed onion adds a nice touch..

Place in a 9x13, 8x8 disposable baking dish, place in smoker at 225-250-275 whatever you run at..

After 15-20 minutes stir cover in shredded cheese of choice give another 15 or so.. Times can vary..

Don't think it needs to be a long smoke, it absorbs smoke like a sponge.. Make sure your running thin blue or clear smoke, bad smoke will
be emphasized in this dish.

Wood, be careful as it absorbs like crazy, fruit woods work well..

It's a meal in itself total game changer.. This is cruel but hilarious.. Next pot luck with alot of people make it, bring it..

Wait til everyone's placing there dishes out, somebody will bring Mac and cheese.. Wait til they place it, slide yours right next to it and sit back and watch..

The guests will be drawn to the smell and the visible bacon in the dish, you will not have any to bring home while the dish next to it may have one or two scoops out, probably family or yours was already gone..

If in the rare event you have leftovers add a touch of milk when reheating or it will be clumpy..

Seriously it's that Simple, I'm sure some folks add rubs and Seasonings and I am sure it is great maybe better but the bacon, onion and smoke is all the additional flavor you need.

Oh and don't be scared the smoke and bacon grease will give it a darker hue
pullit
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pullit »

i do it all the time, it is some good stuff.
I use Malcom Reeds recipe from "how to BBQ right"
I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have no need for a 30-06, I have a shotgun
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: July 27th, 2021, 10:37 pm

Smoked Mac is killer, take your favorite Mac recipe or Velveeta boxed.. Gosh I ain't made in years brings back memories.

Fry bacon, I'm not add bacon to Everything guy to make it edible but with this yes.. Base bacon on amount of Mac.. Make your Mac as normal, fry bacon til about crisp, where you have to shred it,I think it's better in this that way instead of crispy and crumbled.. Make sure you reserve a few table spoons of bacon grease, add grease and bacon to Mac stir.. Also sauteed onion adds a nice touch..

Place in a 9x13, 8x8 disposable baking dish, place in smoker at 225-250-275 whatever you run at..

After 15-20 minutes stir cover in shredded cheese of choice give another 15 or so.. Times can vary..

Don't think it needs to be a long smoke, it absorbs smoke like a sponge.. Make sure your running thin blue or clear smoke, bad smoke will

It's a meal in itself total game changer.. This is cruel but hilarious.. Next pot luck with alot of people make it, bring it..

Wait til everyone's placing there dishes out, somebody will bring Mac and cheese.. Wait til they place it, slide yours right next to it and sit back and watch..

The guests will be drawn to the smell and the visible bacon in the dish, you will not have any to bring home while the dish next to it may have one or two scoops out, probably family or yours was already gone..

If in the rare event you have leftovers add a touch of milk when reheating or it will be clumpy..

Seriously it's that Simple, I'm sure some folks add rubs and Seasonings and I am sure it is great maybe better but the bacon, onion and smoke is all the additional flavor you need.

I think this recipe and a pork shoulder is in store for me this weekend, thank you ! :thumbup:
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

spider316 wrote: July 28th, 2021, 10:21 am
ICDEDTURKES wrote: July 27th, 2021, 10:37 pm

I think this recipe and a pork shoulder is in store for me this weekend, thank you ! :thumbup:
Something it goes really good with is smoked meatloaf closer in smoking times.. It's another thing you don't see everyday
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: July 28th, 2021, 10:29 am Something it goes really good with is smoked meatloaf closer in smoking times.. It's another thing you don't see everyday
You just wrecked my day

Smoked meatloaf. :shock:

That has to be out of the park good

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

hoobilly wrote: July 28th, 2021, 12:01 pm
ICDEDTURKES wrote: July 28th, 2021, 10:29 am Something it goes really good with is smoked meatloaf closer in smoking times.. It's another thing you don't see everyday
You just wrecked my day

U was someone that always turned my nose to meatloaf, make your favorite loaf, season top with a lil bbq rub, when it hits about 150 slather on sauce finish at 165..

Another game changer.. Once again it absorbs smoke easily..

Takes a bland ol loaf and makes it a favorite
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: July 28th, 2021, 12:29 pm
hoobilly wrote: July 28th, 2021, 12:01 pm
You just wrecked my day

U was someone that always turned my nose to meatloaf, make your favorite loaf, season top with a lil bbq rub, when it hits about 150 slather on sauce finish at 165..

Another game changer.. Once again it absorbs smoke easily..

Takes a bland ol loaf and makes it a favorite
Sounds like something I wouldn’t want to share 😆

Return to “Camp Dinner”