Honey/Garlic Loin

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Honey/Garlic Loin

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Made up a honey based glaze.. Threw together a simple rub, quick sear, glaze in the oven til 140.. Was really good..

Green Beans: Neither Walmart nor Meijer had bulk only pre trimmed in a bag. Well never again, Overripe, bacon grease and butter made them taste fine, but texture was off.. Never boil, but shoulda a few before sauteeing..

Potatoes: was gonna do roasted skins while loin was in there. My potatoes were perfect seed potatoes. :LMAO:

Had a bag of Redskin instants for some reason, after eating them it further begs the question, why the hell do I have these... :LMAO: Ranch for the save..

Garlic toast: well I was having withdrawals, keep forgetting to buy and it's a staple..

So the blessing was a great pork loin and my garlic toast fix
Polish_20210722_181314782.jpg
Polish_20210722_175945032.jpg
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Honey/Garlic Loin

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

Looks awesome.

We used to do a Carolina rub on pork loin at work back when I worked 12 hour midnights. I think that's what it was called.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hobbes_mobile wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 11:58 pm Looks awesome.

We used to do a Carolina rub on pork loin at work back when I worked 12 hour midnights. I think that's what it was called.
I just threw together some things garlic powder of course, smoked paprika, basil, minced onion and a good grind of Pepper.. Rubbed let it sit a while..

Glaze used honey as a base, some soy, a bunch of hand minced garlic, oil, spicy brown Mustard and more black pepper..

It was really tasty, next time i may substitute the honey for real maple syrup, just for the heck of it..
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

Haha, seed potatoes are perfect for smashed Taters. Starches are turning to sugars and just splash em with hot sauce.
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !

Return to “Camp Dinner”