Steak Dinner

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Steak Dinner

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Pork steak.. One of my favorites.. Marinated in Beer, felt weird
Didn't season it I made a rub and coated pretty heavily.. Alot of Brown Sugar to sear well.
Off to the grill, seared hard both sides with rub for about 5 aside.
Then the sauce my sister did my shopping when I got outta the hospital, told her I liked Stubb's, she got me the Hickory Bourbon and not the original, thick and smoky perfect for this.
Flip sauce, flip sauce few times. Prolly 30 minutes total cooking

Pan fried zucchini, mom always made, I haven't had in forever was always a favorite just do them different now sauteed, roast. Damn I missed it..
Serious Beans Jalepeno Bacon added some Jalepeno and some chopped onion.

Love pork steak
Polish_20210620_181211671.jpg
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Steak Dinner

Post by Hognutz »

Geez, Louise!! I can damned near taste that pork.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Yep, I’m all in!
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

I'm knee deep in it ! So what exactly is a pork steak though, what is the cut ?
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

I would eat that like an escaped convict guarding my plate!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

spider316 wrote: June 20th, 2021, 8:17 pm I'm knee deep in it ! So what exactly is a pork steak though, what is the cut ?
Originated in St.Louis.
It comes from the shoulder think pork butt with 1/2 to 1" or so cut off in a steak.. I opt 3/4.. The thin 1/2 though you can marinate and drive taste Ll the way through.

They're extremely versatile, from the oven to pan, to grill. When I do pork fried rice I cut them up and use them..

They take to a wide range of flavorings from seasonings, to glazes/sauces to marinades.. With that being said the meat has a great flavor, I'll take over chops for sure . Say that have chops on.my list this week. I marinated in beer and hit with a basic rub 2part brown sugar, 1 part smoked paprika, 1/2 part Black Pepper, Onion and Garlic Powder and Kosher.. Coulda stopped after searing them with that.

My BIL is from Laos who is an amazing cook blows me away, his whole family flat out cook, turned me on to them.. He takes them will marinade 4-5 days in various asian ingredients which with the oils and acids breaks them right down and are so tender.. They're pretty forgiving 160ish + range.. Harder to dry out than leaner cut center pork chop..

The best part they are really inexpensive pack of two this size around the five dollar mark.. Heck price of burger might be cheaper for gatherings, and they hold Pretty well stacked on a plate for a short time. You do lose quite a bit, butts yield about 60% so these do have some fat and bone and loss.

Give them a whirl, you should be able to find, pretty common, if not ask your butcher..
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: June 21st, 2021, 2:42 am
spider316 wrote: June 20th, 2021, 8:17 pm I'm knee deep in it ! So what exactly is a pork steak though, what is the cut ?
Originated in St.Louis.
It comes from the shoulder think pork butt with 1/2 to 1" or so cut off in a steak.. I opt 3/4.. The thin 1/2 though you can marinate and drive taste Ll the way through.

They're extremely versatile, from the oven to pan, to grill. When I do pork fried rice I cut them up and use them..

They take to a wide range of flavorings from seasonings, to glazes/sauces to marinades.. With that being said the meat has a great flavor, I'll take over chops for sure . Say that have chops on.my list this week. I marinated in beer and hit with a basic rub 2part brown sugar, 1 part smoked paprika, 1/2 part Black Pepper, Onion and Garlic Powder and Kosher.. Coulda stopped after searing them with that.

My BIL is from Laos who is an amazing cook blows me away, his whole family flat out cook, turned me on to them.. He takes them will marinade 4-5 days in various asian ingredients which with the oils and acids breaks them right down and are so tender.. They're pretty forgiving 160ish + range.. Harder to dry out than leaner cut center pork chop..

The best part they are really inexpensive pack of two this size around the five dollar mark.. Heck price of burger might be cheaper for gatherings, and they hold Pretty well stacked on a plate for a short time. You do lose quite a bit, butts yield about 60% so these do have some fat and bone and loss.

Give them a whirl, you should be able to find, pretty common, if not ask your butcher..
Will do, was at the grocery store yesterday and couldn't believe the price of beef and chicken, holy crap ! We are blessed to harvest enough deer and upland birds to sustain us for the year. Pork is usually a butt or full size loin when on sale and cut into meal portions for later use. Definitely will look for these, thank you.
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

spider316 wrote: June 21st, 2021, 7:11 am
ICDEDTURKES wrote: June 21st, 2021, 2:42 am
Originated in St.Louis.

Will do, was at the grocery store yesterday and couldn't believe the price of beef and chicken, holy crap ! We are blessed to harvest enough deer and upland birds to sustain us for the year. Pork is usually a butt or full size loin when on sale and cut into meal portions for later use. Definitely will look for these, thank you.
You'll like em their versatility something to add to your rotation

Beefs a joke, I picked up CAB porterhouse 5.99 a month ago steal.. Now their on sale 12.99.. Chilly here gonna do chili this week, been planning do chorizo beef mix, checked Meijer website to see if they have it fresh, yup cheaper than 80/20 hamburger..

Chicken was supposed to really rise due to shortage because of Covid and Chicken Sammie wars.. Our sales fill same 99c thighs, drums.. Wings are ridiculous though..

Return to “Camp Dinner”