Back to Salmon

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Back to Salmon

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Patties.. I try not to make same thing very often but I always keep a can of salmon in the pantry.. Found a basic recipe that's more or less basic and holds together

The spices are an open book can't screw them up with salmon patties.. Tonight I wasnt in a good mood my corn fritters pissed me off.. So these got a healthy doese of oregano, oregano is like garlic powder to me when in doubt throw some in, minced onion, parsley and garlic powder..

I had been using panko, one of y'all suggested corn meal, this recipe called for cornmeal as well as a host of others. Figured I'll try it.. I like it, batter consistency totally different, drier which I like.. Doesn't burn..

So my first time fritters pissed me off.. So I have a pile of Redskins, chopped um up, a lil oil a little totdal seasoning off to the air powered Cyclonic french fry maker for 12 minutes, threw together some broccoli slaw done..
Polish_20210619_184031638.jpg
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Back to Salmon

Post by Hoobilly »

It’s been way too long for patties for me
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

hoobilly wrote: June 19th, 2021, 8:58 pm It’s been way too long for patties for me
It's like those tortilla pizzas I do i always have everything on hand, when I am stumped..

Salmon patties, everytime I make them I ask why it's not more regular, always have flour, egg, breadcrumbs or cornmeal, mayo, onion and spices on hand, why not keep a can of salmon..

Plus side wise they go with anything, veggies , fries, onion rings, mashed potatoes. Heck I may do a salmon burger next.. Simple too..

Growing up I dipped um in Ketchup, mom and now I make them a lil drier, still moist, just not oeey gooey,way I prefer them..Why I dip um..I am hooked on Kraft chiptole aioli that's what I dunked um in tonight..

Somewhere I used to eat and killer crab cakes, they had a house remoulade that was killer.. I need to get some stuff Elmos horseradish and get to work on remoulade sauces
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

yessir I am with you on a lil dryer and less gooey

had some salmon patties and crab cakes over in Fort Wayne Indiana that's on the appetizer menu at a fancy restaurant I ate at on a business trip with the owner of a scrap yard. I need to hit that place again.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/

Return to “Camp Dinner”