Grilled Chicken

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Grilled Chicken

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Nope not BBQ Grilled with BBQ sauce lol.

Something I haven't done in five years. Old grilled Chicken.. Picked up a bottle of my favorite Store Sauce Stubb's Original..

Pulled out a old Grill, handful of years back buddy was cleaning out his mom's place found a old I'd say 80s vintage Sears Charcoal Grill NIB asked if I wanted said sure.. Didn't know if I'd use it, but it's awesome on small cooks.. The grate height system is great, ya want you can set them dang near on the coals, has front and back intake and top exhaust, or you can use just lower and control air flow for offset cooking.. Seriously has I lil niche.

Anyways, bone in skin on thighs brined a couple hrs, hit with a quick dry seasoning mixture.. Onto the grill direct, indirect sauce, direct sauce flip flop sauce sauce. Done

Grilled zucchini,
SW bushs (horrible).. I'm beginning to love Serious Bean Company more and more. Garlic toast..

I know this is a staple of backyard cooking just never do it.. Maybe grab drums sometime soon
Polish_20210610_180028446.jpg
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Grilled Chicken

Post by Hognutz »

Grilled chicken is one of our favorites. Thighs are by far our favorite. A couple of times a month. Looks outstanding,Tom!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hognutz wrote: June 10th, 2021, 8:56 pm Grilled chicken is one of our favorites. Thighs are by far our favorite. A couple of times a month. Looks outstanding,Tom!
Thank u.. I remember you saying that about thighs..

Almost grabbed open pit, but hadn't had Stubb's in a while.. Maybe next time..

You try the simmer your open pit, mix a tsp cornstarch TBLSP water add stir til it thickens yet?
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

I haven't. My wife likes Sweet Baby Ray's. We've been doing that. I will get to it sooner than later.
You got me hooked on St. Elmos! I need to dilute it a tad with ketchup. Not much. Just a squirt. I love it on fish and French frys. It's a staple for my Friday fish fry. Thanks for the heads up.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hognutz wrote: June 10th, 2021, 10:05 pm I haven't. My wife likes Sweet Baby Ray's. We've been doing that. I will get to it sooner than later.
You got me hooked on St. Elmos! I need to dilute it a tad with ketchup. Not much. Just a squirt. I love it on fish and French frys. It's a staple for my Friday fish fry. Thanks for the heads up.
Lol there is no other cocktail sauce

They're white horseradish sauce pretty killer too. Steak sauce meh its alright.

They sell they're nuclear horseradish as well.
pullit
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pullit »

Thanks for calling it grilled, that is one of my pet peeves, when someone says "we are BBQing tonight, we are having steak and some hamburgers". NO YOU ARE NOT BBQING, YOU ARE GRILLING!

The chicken looks good for sure and I have done it that way several times myself.
I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have no need for a 30-06, I have a shotgun
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Good vitial's there :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wife grills small chicken breasts here and she just puts "Bad Byron's But Rub" on them ... mmmmmmm :cheers:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

pullit wrote: June 11th, 2021, 5:15 am Thanks for calling it grilled, that is one of my pet peeves, when someone says "we are BBQing tonight, we are having steak and some hamburgers". NO YOU ARE NOT BBQING, YOU ARE GRILLING!

The chicken looks good for sure and I have done it that way several times myself.
Bwahaha I think it's a northern thing call grilling bbq.. I started doing true bbq around 04 barely anyone did it around here. Things you mention were true left out bbq ribs in a slow cooker, few shakes of liquid smoke for smoked flavor, loving that charcoal taste :pukeleft: lol

I bbq'd hard til about 15.. I was obsessed, reading, message boards, searching bbq joints every state and town I went especially out of state, tv.

About that time maybe a lil earlier bbq became mainstream up here, everyone was learning what BBQ actually was, buying electric smokers. Lol Restaurants opening up most were and are bad, why eat it out when you can make better at home..

My friends knew I was full dork mode about the science of bbq.. Fridays on the phone answering questions, Saturdays answering questions to their problems, "man my meats at 158 and won't move?" "The recipe calls for pecan but all I have is apple, is that ok" ..

About that time the aura of BBQ left me.. It became so mainstream hip it was no longer attractive.. I'd ate so much BBQ of my own and out I got sick of it.. Now after a few year hiatus I'm kinda getting the itch again..

One thing Ive noticed in this trend up here is everyone taking the easier route, electric, propane, pellet.. They'd see me cooking on a cheap stick burner and think that looks easy, theyd buy one, few weeks later they'd call, I'd ask how's it going, they'd be griping can't hold temp, one end burns food other is good :LMAO: They didnt realize burning splits in a cheap offset requires a few mods, alot of trials and time..

Ok I gotta quit, now I miss it again..
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

soiltester wrote: June 11th, 2021, 7:50 am :thumbup: :thumbup: Good vitial's there :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wife grills small chicken breasts here and she just puts "Bad Byron's But Rub" on them ... mmmmmmm :cheers:
Bad Byron's good stuff.. There's alot of good rubs our there.. BbQ comp guys come up with something good realize a few bucks can be made so they sell it..
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: June 11th, 2021, 9:51 am
soiltester wrote: June 11th, 2021, 7:50 am :thumbup: :thumbup: Good vitial's there :thumbup: :thumbup:

Bad Byron's good stuff.. There's alot of good rubs our there.. BbQ comp guys come up with something good realize a few bucks can be made so they sell it..
Sure agree on the BBQ stuff , but we just "grill' & no BBQ'n for us :thumbup:

Wife avoids "fried " if possible and baked & grilled are 1st choices, weather dependent, maybe?? ;)
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??

Return to “Camp Dinner”