Easy Scallop Dinner

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Easy Scallop Dinner

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Outside crab scallops are my favorite seafood.. Went to the store to get some bay scallops the lil 80-120 count guys to make po boys.. Changed my mind and decided on Garlic Butter Scampi..

Quick dust flour, EVOO heated over med, quick sear each side to brown, set aside, throw in a couple TBL spoon butter and mince up a couple cloaves of garlic, turn heat to low and let the butter just begin turn brown add back the scallops giving a few good shakes for about a minute..

The little bay scallops are really versatile, their inexpensive 6$ lb.. I love the bigger sea scallops but they run 18$ a lb and I can eat close to a lb depending on sides..

Sauteed some local Asparagus in EVOO and Italian seasoning.. Would have been complete with a French baquette..

Pretty good 15 minute supper..
Polish_20210604_175504504.jpg
crow

Re: Easy Scallop Dinner

Post by crow »

Yes Sir, that would hit the spot
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

I'm all over that, Tom.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

That looks really good. It's been hot here so trying to cook outside or not at all.

That could very well turn into tonight's meal. However, I've got a couple chops that need cooked so maybe tomorrow night. Seafood on the griddle sounds good. I may have to add some shrimp. My wife doesn't like the scallops for some reason.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hobbes_mobile wrote: June 5th, 2021, 9:38 am That looks really good. It's been hot here so trying to cook outside or not at all.

That could very well turn into tonight's meal. However, I've got a couple chops that need cooked so maybe tomorrow night. Seafood on the griddle sounds good. I may have to add some shrimp. My wife doesn't like the scallops for some reason.
Heck yeah fire that 17 up.. That's the dilemma cook outside in the heat keeping heat out or cook inside in air..

Weather has definitely killed my urge to cook.. Went to store last week with big list grabbed enough to scrape by.. lol

My sister knows I love picnic ham.. She's all excited other day got you a picnic ham. First I'm grateful for the ham, but what the heck am I gonna do with this. Ham dinner, then ham and tortellini sure as heck ain't making soup..

Maybe this week I'll grab alot of ice cream and call it good..
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

I love the big scallops also

Needing some of this soon
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: June 5th, 2021, 9:56 am
Hobbes_mobile wrote: June 5th, 2021, 9:38 am That looks really good. It's been hot here so trying to cook outside or not at all.

Heck yeah fire that 17 up.. That's the dilemma cook outside in the heat keeping heat out or cook inside in air..

Weather has definitely killed my urge to cook.. Went to store last week with big list grabbed enough to scrape by.. lol

My sister knows I love picnic ham.. She's all excited other day got you a picnic ham. First I'm grateful for the ham, but what the heck am I gonna do with this. Ham dinner, then ham and tortellini sure as heck ain't making soup..

Maybe this week I'll grab alot of ice cream and call it good..
No AC at my house besides portable units. It was standard to build houses in Montana without AC until more recent years. We have hotter summers now so AC goes in all new houses. I need to add it to this house but haven't done it.

Return to “Camp Dinner”