First Grilled Steak of the year

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

First Grilled Steak of the year

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Meijer a upper Midwest chain, had a unbeatable steak sale Porterhouse or T Bone $5.99 lb. They're meat is really good, they only handle CAB. I made a mistake, not stocking up.. Picked up some Michigan asparagus my favorite veggie.

I had a Texas Roadhouse Copycat Seasoning recipe, tried it.. Pretty dang good could actually taste it . Alot of times I think seasoning gets lost in the sear..

Last minute remembered take a cut in photo
KIMG2179.JPG
KIMG2188.JPG
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: First Grilled Steak of the year

Post by Hognutz »

That is crazy assed good! Porterhouse and ribeye are my favorites! Done absolutely stinkin Perfect!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

Dang that looks good.
MFL205

Post by MFL205 »

Gotta love the Thrifty Acres!!!!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hognutz wrote: May 21st, 2021, 9:21 pm That is crazy assed good! Porterhouse and ribeye are my favorites! Done absolutely stinkin Perfect!
I'm a rib eye guy, but you cannot pass up CAB porterhouse at that price.. Freiken ribeye is outrageous right now .

Of course I started on filet side, didn't figure bid eat a 16oz steak. I ate the whole damn thing.. Normally do more sides took it out flopped on plate to season said I don't know if I'll have room for asparagus..
MFL205 wrote: May 21st, 2021, 9:38 pm Gotta love the Thrifty Acres!!!!
I rarely go into Walmart.. Meijer produce is amazing year round, I do like farm markets however.

I know our Meijer, they ever come up with a new floor plan I'll cry.. I know where everything is, if I don't I have aisle number written on my list.. I'm in and out in 20 for a week.. I'm beeping at people, yup I haven't talked to you since high school don't wanna now, produce I grab 10 bags and am ready as I know where what I need is.. lol Plus their carts don't pull smashing into shelves or go clunk clunk clunk..
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

My go to steak is ribeye. Season them and grill medium rare. (130-135) Nothing better!
Our asparagus is just coming back in. Had one meal and then it froze four or five times. It's back with a vengeance, now.
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: May 21st, 2021, 10:23 pm
Hognutz wrote: May 21st, 2021, 9:21 pm That is crazy assed good! Porterhouse and ribeye are my favorites! Done absolutely stinkin Perfect!
I'm a rib eye guy, but you cannot pass up CAB porterhouse at that price.. Freiken ribeye is outrageous right now .

Of course I started on filet side, didn't figure bid eat a 16oz steak. I ate the whole damn thing.. Normally do more sides took it out flopped on plate to season said I don't know if I'll have room for asparagus..
MFL205 wrote: May 21st, 2021, 9:38 pm Gotta love the Thrifty Acres!!!!
I rarely go into Walmart.. Meijer produce is amazing year round, I do like farm markets however.

I know our Meijer, they ever come up with a new floor plan I'll cry.. I know where everything is, if I don't I have aisle number written on my list.. I'm in and out in 20 for a week.. I'm beeping at people, yup I haven't talked to you since high school don't wanna now, produce I grab 10 bags and am ready as I know where what I need is.. lol Plus their carts don't pull smashing into shelves or go clunk clunk clunk..
Walmart hasn't been as crazy over the last year but still my least favorite to visit. I can't get a cart that isn't ready for the scrap pile. I rarely buy meat from Walmart besides the deli.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Same here. Won't, don't, can't do Wally World. Too many really good places around here to shop.

Return to “Camp Dinner”