City Chicken

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

City Chicken

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Mom used to make city chicken all time alternating pork and veal.. Haven't had in forever. I had a pork loin was thinking something to.do with it and this came to mind..

Gave a half day brine, chunk and trim, flour-egg-seasoned panko. Fry, oven plate..

I brine every lean meat. You could take these chunks and squeeze the juice outta it.

Mom used regular bread crumbs I had panko on hand.. Seasoned with a lil garlic, minced onion, black pepper.. Also a good dose of paprika and dried parsley for looks..

Attn:Soiltester I took your advice didn't take my time plating, after looking at pic I'm pissed I have the skewers going the opposite way of each other .
KIMG1867.JPG
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: City Chicken

Post by Hognutz »

City chicken aka mock chicken legs around here. Looks delicious and we haven't had them in a coons age. Gotta do it!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: City Chicken

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hognutz wrote: May 13th, 2021, 7:34 pm City chicken aka mock chicken legs around here. Looks delicious and we haven't had them in a coons age. Gotta do it!
Alot of meals like that, a what time or period a staple then one day you think you what I haven't had in forever.

Return to “Camp Dinner”