Southwest Sloppy

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Southwest Sloppy

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

I've been on a Sloppy Joe binge lately. I've done Philly, Cajun, Asian, Mississippi and now a Southwest one..

I never really liked traditional Sloppies until a hand full years back when a buddy made me the Campbell's Chicken Gumbo ones which I jazzed up earlier from how he made them..

After doing all these be hard go back to a traditional Sloppy.. I like sloppies as they're easy although these take more ingredients and a lil more effort. But they provide a meal that's fairly quick provide a supper and a lunch or two dinners.

Theyve all been good and unique.. Plus they accommodate a wide range of sides.

These had onion, black beans, corn, peppers, Jalepeno, salsa and a handful of spices. If I were to change up the Jalepeno and maybe add a can of diced green chiles. I could see adding some Chorizo as well.

First day, did them on Texas Toast.. Corn with Cajun butter and Air fried Jalepenos stuffed with cream and cheddar cheese a touch of chili powder and cumin than wrapped in bacon. I've done ABTs alot on the smoker, the cheese soaks up smoke like a sponge. I've tried various spice blends in them but the smoke overruns whatever I have tried. This way you taste the spices and if could go alot of ways ranch packet, garlicky, Cajun
Not saying either method is necessarily better.

Day 2 just a Toasted Corn Dusted Kaiser Bun with Dickey's Beans garnished with crushed red pepper and Checkers Fries.
KIMG0268.JPG
KIMG0379.JPG

Return to “Camp Dinner”