Beef short ribs

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Beef short ribs

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

My sis gets a steer every year. She asked me if I wanted short ribs she didn't know what to do with them. I took um, call my buddy whom cooks all time and gets a steer, asked if he's done them. He said no I have some no clue.

I figured slow role Google verification. I decided on slow cooker treat like a beef roast. Had beefy onion soup mix but opted for bbq sauce base and threw kitchen sink at it.

9 hrs later time to eat. Very very good. Like a Chuck roast. With high amount a fat, it cooks down a ton. Yet to tell my sis how good and how to cook, she doesn't need to know
KIMG7871.JPG
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Beef short ribs

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

Looks like beef tips. Looks danged good.

I cooked about an inch thick top round tonight in the cast iron about medium rare and peppers with onions in a second skillet then sliced the steak 1/8" thick for fajitas. It was pretty good but I bet those ribs were a lot more tender.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hobbes_mobile wrote: March 1st, 2021, 11:53 pm Looks like beef tips. Looks danged good.

I cooked about an inch thick top round tonight in the cast iron about medium rare and peppers with onions in a second skillet then sliced the steak 1/8" thick for fajitas. It was pretty good but I bet those ribs were a lot more tender.
That sounds good. Was it tough

These were really tender. Heck bones fell off lol Yeah they do look like beef tips.

I'm doing a Chuck roast this week, may do fajita Quesadillas. Not sure.
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 12:35 am
Hobbes_mobile wrote: March 1st, 2021, 11:53 pm Looks like beef tips. Looks danged good.

That sounds good. Was it tough

These were really tender. Heck bones fell off lol Yeah they do look like beef tips.

I'm doing a Chuck roast this week, may do fajita Quesadillas. Not sure.
A good Chuck roast is hard to beat.

The top round wasn't too bad, but i hit it with some tenderizer and a tenderizing hammer. Slicing it thin really helped. I nuked some leftovers later on and that was a little tougher but still not too bad.

My son's buddies ate it when it had just came out of the skillet and really liked it, but I'm not sure if anyone ever cooks for those boys that isn't working at a fast food restaurant. They probably aren't the best group to get a good read on a meal's quality.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

I love beef short ribs! yours look outstanding!! Never made them, though. A local supper club makes them with fried chicken on Sundays. I am absolutely hooked. BBQ Style. The bad part is it's only on Sunday and we don't go out to eat much then.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
WoodMoose

Post by WoodMoose »

I sear them and eat with kimchi,,, but I am weird that way,,

looks good icedturkes!

Return to “Camp Dinner”