Venison Street Tacos

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Venison Street Tacos

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

I wanted to do some different things with Venison. Haven't seen anyone do Street Tacos. Other day was going through Meijer Sales Paper 4.5" Tortillas on sale reminded me.

I took out a pack of hind quarter meat. It looked so good , It almost derailed my idea. Didn't wanna waste if this flopped. So i go to cutting into lil chunks across the grain. Next mixed up the marinade, what would already be a tender morsel would only be better with the Acidic Lime Juice and spices and glug of oil. Into marinade for 3-4 hrs.

To the stove, quick sear of the baby tortillas a wrap in moist warm paper towel into a sealed Glad container.

Crank heat to med-high dump meat and marinade in. Constant tossing and stirring for 7-8 minutes. Next spoon meat on a tortilla on a tortilla for stability, garnish with fresh Cilantro, Purple Onion and squirt of lime.

Dang Good. Duck, Wild Turkey alot of wild game would work.
KIMG5023.JPG
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Venison Street Tacos

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

It looks good. Are they corn shells? I used to love the tacos we'd get in Colorado from a local Mexican food truck in Leadville and a little restaurant in Avon. I'm not sure how they marinated the meat but I loved it.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hobbes_mobile wrote: January 18th, 2021, 11:13 pm It looks good. Are they corn shells? I used to love the tacos we'd get in Colorado from a local Mexican food truck in Leadville and a little restaurant in Avon. I'm not sure how they marinated the meat but I loved it.
Flour. Marinade simple soy,lime,garlic,oil, Chile powder, oregano, cumin think that's all I threw in. Be killer on wild turkey.
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

👍👍👍. I think I have some Antelope loin tips that I may try it on.

Return to “Camp Dinner”