Tried my Hand

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Tried my Hand

Post by ICDEDTURKES » January 12th, 2021, 7:23 pm

Southerners don't laugh. So a couple a months ago I got the urge to try my hand at Jambalaya. Ive eaten it out quite a bit, Zatarains is one of the few box meals I like to doctor up. Figured I'd make from scratch.

So I spent alot a time looking at recipes. Everyone makes "The Best" Jambalaya lol. So I found three that stuck out. So finally I had what I needed to make basically a half batch of most recipes, thank goodness still alot.

I ended up going the Creole route instead of Cajun route which is shocking as I'm not a tomato person. I used Chicken Thighs, Shrimp and Andouille. Veggies the Holy Trinity plus Jalepenos. Spices, I took the three recipes kinda combined, and one said add what you want so I did.

It turned out really good I was happy bite one. I sampled and tried to think of more to add, but couldn't. Heat maybe? But I could see this being like Chili being an arms race and a love hate. It had a nice bite. Half batch like this would be perfect for four.

This is definitely wrote down. Maybe next time I make Jambalaya I'll try a Cajun version. I feel more than comfortable to make this for friends and it's easy, cleanup minimal cleanup and feeds alot.
KIMG4343.JPG
KIMG4315.JPG

Return to “Camp Dinner”