Meat grinder

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
dsunday

Meat grinder

Post by dsunday »

What do you all recommend for a grinder?
Usually do 1 or 2 deer a year.

Local processing places are quitting doing it due to excess regulation. The few that do will mix everyone's deer together once a week
"Never trust what you quote from the internet" -Abe Lincoln
BeardBuster

Re: Meat grinder

Post by BeardBuster »

I was in the same situation as you with processors in my area and only needing one or two deer processed. I did a lot of checking on meat grinders. I really wanted a LEM but just couldn’t justify the cost based on my needs. I ended up getting a Turboforce International STX. The reviews are excellent and my experience has been good. The Turboforce is a beast. Handled everything I threw at it. About $160 on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

I don't know if Cabela's still has this one but I've been using it for 13 or 14 years. I think I paid $160 or $180. It may have been on sale. It's not one of their bigger ones so it's not crazy fast. It clearly says Made in China, but not sure you'll find one that isn't.

I've used it on probably 20 plus deer, a dozen elk, and a couple antelope. If it dies on the next one it'll still have paid for itself.
IMG_20201020_143124884.jpg
IMG_20210110_180724008.jpg
youngoutdoors

Post by youngoutdoors »

If your wife has a Kitchen Aid mixer you can get the grinder attachment and it works great. I used to use a hand grinder but we both wore out.

God Bless, Louis
dirtnap

Post by dirtnap »

I have a Cabela's as well. I can't remember exactly but I think it's the 1 hp motor. It will flat grind some meat. I've had it probably 10 years. I also have the cuber attachment for it. It is well made and commercial grade. I've never had a problem with it. I probably process 20 deer a year with.
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

X2 Cabelas 1hp, just keep children and small pets away from the intake !
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
firedup

Post by firedup »

What ever the brand look for 1hp or about 13 amps. That will tear thru the tuffer cuts. 1 or 2 deer a year speed should not be a problem. I have used several over the years and all did well as long as the motor was strong enuff. Look for one that grinder portion detaches for easy cleanup. Try to get the right attachments. I don't make slaw with it but I do stuff sausages sometimes! A stuffer attachment is pretty nice. I butchered 7 deer this year and grinding it up was the lease of the chores.
AlinMi

Post by AlinMi »

A size 22 would be my suggestion. I still have my dads 50's vintage Hobart from when he had a slaughterhouse. Couldn't guess how many tons of meat thats went thru that thing

Return to “Camp Dinner”