My Version of Fish & Chips

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

My Version of Fish & Chips

Post by HunterGKS »

I hadn’t had any seafood in awhile so I decided to try my version of Fish & Chips via my Air Fryer.

I had some flounder & treated them the same as the scallops.

I had to “fry” the chips a little longer after the scallops & flounder were done. They usually get
fried for 15 minutes at 370.

Well, I’ll have to chalk this one up as a fail. Everything came out of the fryer cooked to perfection.
Where things went south was when I put on the drizzle. Scallops & flounder are both mild & the
drizzle over powered them both. Next time I fry scallops and/or fish, I’ll use melted butter & a
little bit of lemon juice.

To alter an old saying: Cook & learn!!

Air-Fryer Scallops
A quick and impressive dinner, scallops turn succulent and tender in the air fryer.
The lemon-herb sauce is the perfect way to bring zest to each bite. Be sure to cook
the scallops to temperature. They may not brown in the fryer, so don't wait for a golden
crust to tell you they're ready.

Ingredients

8 large sea scallops, cleaned & patted very dry and patted very dry
¼ Teaspoon ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 serving cooking spray
¼ cup EVOO
2 tables spoons very finely chopped flat leaf parsley
2 tablespoons capers, very finely chopped, substitute with green olives, lemons, pickles, thyme
1 Teaspoon finely grated lemon zest – substitute with ½ teaspoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic
Directions

1. Sprinkle scallops with pepper and salt. Coat the basket of an air fryer with cooking spray.
Place scallops in the basket and coat them with cooking spray. Place the basket in the fryer.
Cook the scallops at 400 degrees F until they reach an internal temperature of 120 degrees F,
about 6 minutes.

2. Combine oil, parsley, capers, lemon zest and garlic in a small bowl. Drizzle over the scallops.
001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Return to “Camp Dinner”