Sal went to work

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Sal went to work

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

So we drive out of our way to a party store to get these dough balls. They have pizza, taco, Philly, buff chicken. They're all awesome. We gotta cook for 30 for great nephews birthday this weekend, were doing soups for adults and figured do these for kids. Walk in Sal's at work figuring how to make um. She's also gonna do cheeseburger, she knocked it outta park as usual with pizza balls coated in garlic butter

This whole food truck has our minds churning. We have the best setup for spring and fall hub of ag here literally a tractor every half mile on road and have a spot already. It would be a stop gap between summer and winter festivals. The farmers need hand helds in an out back on road, there's nothing to eat around and mega farms right close. Largest custom combiner wants us to cook for his guys. Think these would also go great at our large campground in town, packed all summer. Open for lunch and close til 6 and then reopen til midnight. Probably pull everyone drinking or smoking dope around the campfire in late. May even do biscuit gravy ones and scramby eggs bacon and cheese in morning for people with an overhang.

Sorry for rambling my mind's on fire thinking. But these were delish. Super simple to make and hold.
11278.jpeg
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Sal went to work

Post by Hoobilly »

Man that breakfast stuff your talking about is something gotta have
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Lookin' good nuf' to gulp down on the spot!! :thumbup:
It sure sounds like ya' got a good plan goin' .. sure hope it pans out and works well for all!! :cheers:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

Looks good.

I wish there was a good food truck in the small Montana town I'm in tonight. Typically don't end up with a very good meal when I have to stay here. Going to try a different local diner this time around and hope for the best.

Good luck with your planning.
Roy

Post by Roy »

That makes me hungry
" Y'all keep discussing it among yourselves...I'm sneakin' in to pop the noisy one. " - Stinky J Picklestein
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Everything you have shown so far looks like it would be a hit. I know y'all would kill it down this way. Do you have a target date to open for business!
Roy wrote: October 29th, 2019, 8:47 pm That makes me hungry
This ones just to easy, so I'm going to pass :D
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

guesswho wrote: October 29th, 2019, 9:03 pm Everything you have shown so far looks like it would be a hit. I know y'all would kill it down this way. Do you have a target date to open for business!
Thanks Ronnie, great question. We've called the local health department lady 3 times left messages, no return. Were already approved through March but we gotta cook what previous owner had. I wanna March in there chew this lady a new azzhole, but she could make it tough if I did. It's funny I gotta pass some food temp test. When I say Sal's mad scientist it's cooking me having cooked hard for 15 years I know every temp for everything lol

Kinda wanted be up and running by opening day of gun season, we have a big buck pole we could set up at that everyone said too or where I buy all our meat is a butcher that I grew up with her, she'd let us in her lot for hunters bringing in deer.
Sal's ma advised her to wait till after first a year for tax purposes. I really need get butt in gear town over hosts north American Snowmobile Festival, another local town hosts tip up town ice fishing festival two weeks, big draws, probably soups paninis and chilli. When I posted about trailer on our Michigan hunting fishing board about trailer. Everyone said set up on ice in Linwood most popular launch on the most popular walleye lake in country and it is legal. When sal posted about trailer on FB locals inundated us about weddings graduation parties etc as we post our food pics

Honestly Ronnie cooking is our passion, our nights are watching food Network sal reading a cookbook, I could make this longest post ever. If I shared all our ideas We have talked ideas and venues for two years and finally found perfect trailer for right price. We got some unique ideas different from corn dogs french fries pizza BBQ set us apart.

You know we fail we fail. Everyone we cook for urged us to open brick and mortar way to much risk. Could flip our trailer for 5k more then we have in her
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Looking forward to seeing and hearing how it goes once you get it cranking!

I know I may have to make a special trip up there to try some of that food. Would take a month to try everything you have posted pictures of

Roy

Post by Roy »

guesswho wrote: October 29th, 2019, 9:03 pm Everything you have shown so far looks like it would be a hit. I know y'all would kill it down this way. Do you have a target date to open for business!

Guesswho, I was thinking about inviting u to hunt with me so u could better yourself. But now I’m thinking otherwise.
" Y'all keep discussing it among yourselves...I'm sneakin' in to pop the noisy one. " - Stinky J Picklestein
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Tom. You guys really know how to cook and there’s not a doubt in my mind that you can pull this off! Between the two of you, your recipes are endless. You both have great imagination to create new when needed! You’ll be just fine!
Keep it fun!! Stay within your limits and don’t try to overdo yourselves. That’s when it becomes a job and the magic will disappear if you get too wrapped up in working 24-7!
I wish you guys well and I’m sure you’re gonna knock it out of the park!!
If I get anywhere near upper lower Mi. I will look you up for lunch!
Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

Good luck in this venture. Sounds Awesome.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Roy wrote: October 30th, 2019, 8:40 am

Guesswho, I was thinking about inviting u to hunt with me so u could better yourself. But now I’m thinking otherwise.
:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Roy wrote: October 29th, 2019, 8:47 pm I was thinking about inviting u to hunt with me so u could better yourself. But now I’m thinking otherwise.
If I was any better I'd have to change my name to Roy.

And if I'm ever anywhere near Tom's food trailer I'm stopping by for lunch and dropping off a turkey to have mounted.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hognutz wrote: October 30th, 2019, 9:32 am Tom. You guys really know how to cook and there’s not a doubt in my mind that you can pull this off! Between the two of you, your recipes are endless. You both have great imagination to create new when needed! You’ll be just fine!
Keep it fun!! Stay within your limits and don’t try to overdo yourselves. That’s when it becomes a job and the magic will disappear if you get too wrapped up in working 24-7!
I wish you guys well and I’m sure you’re gonna knock it out of the park!!
If I get anywhere near upper lower Mi. I will look you up for lunch!
Mike
Thanks Mike. Why were starting slow learn trailer first. Why soups in winter. Question is sal kill me or I kill her lol being locked in a food trailer.lol

We gotta alot of unique ideas stray us from hamburger, hot dog, corn dog bbq crowd and different venue. Either know we have a big rotisserie smoker that's at welder getting new grates made.
This been in our minds for two years talk non stop about it ideas and possible venues.

Everyone we cook for says open a restaurant, it's to much risk either know we'd have backing.

As for wearing myself out 24-7 guiding taught me about that, something that was a release became a job

Return to “Camp Dinner”