Camo paint.

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Chrmayo

Camo paint.

Post by Chrmayo »

Thinking about doing a camo paint job on a project gun. Was thinking about using the duracoat aerosol for the tan base layer and then doing the other colors with just krylon or rust oleum. My thought is the duracoat would be stronger for the base. Would this work?
hunt123hunt

Re: Camo paint.

Post by hunt123hunt »

I've done that using Brownell's version of DuraCoat and it's worked great
PaLmbHngr

Post by PaLmbHngr »

Yes, I think that would work. Be sure to do a matte clear over it all when your done. Here is one a did this year.
Attachments
9BEAF7BD-B3AA-4CDB-95AB-21885849CAEA.jpeg
jmercmon

Post by jmercmon »

I have done 4 guns with duracoat, no camo jobs just usually the receiver and barrel. Stocks where already camo.

Holds up well …. If … you prep really good and you let it cure before you use it. It really needs 2 weeks at minimum to cure to full hardness. I always wait 3 weeks before any assembly or use. If you don’t wait for it to cure you will a scratch, most chipping later is due to bad prep IMO.

I always use the rattle can version, get other stuff ready to use the extra because it goes bad after a few days. Tools, yeti cups u know one that came free with logo u don’t like … all make good targets for leftovers.
The Showstopper...

Post by The Showstopper... »

PaLmbHngr wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 11:53 pm Yes, I think that would work. Be sure to do a matte clear over it all when your done. Here is one a did this year.
Excellent job!
Am I the only one tired of the online whine-a-billy's?.........OGF.... :wave:

I am a proud member of the " Fringe Minority".......... :canada:

Pucker up Turdeau................and kiss my Lanark County Redneck Ass
PaLmbHngr

Post by PaLmbHngr »

:thumbup:

Return to “Gun Talk”