Finished a project for my single shot - thoughts?

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
ChurchAl

Post by ChurchAl »

Bought a single shot .410 to try this year and after plinking around with it I started to think about hunting stories of shooting doubles or needing a second shot. Here’s the 3d-printed solution I came up with.

A little practice and the reload is actually pretty quick. Really happy with how it turned out, has the right amount of grip and super easy to take on/off - video link below. Appreciate any feedback!

https://youtube.com/shorts/p3bn8MtGI-o?feature=share

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by ChurchAl on December 5th, 2021, 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Finished a project for my single shot - thoughts?

Post by GLS »

Looks great. Does it handle recoil okay with turkey loads? I've used broccoli rubber bands over the forend to hold a follow-up shell on single shot guns, but your effort is far more elegant and places the shell in an ideal spot for fast loading. Gil
BirdCatcher

Post by BirdCatcher »

I like it. Great idea. Wouldn’t work on mine as I have a Leupold Turkey scope on mine.
“What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer
ChurchAl

Post by ChurchAl »

GLS wrote:Looks great. Does it handle recoil okay with turkey loads? I've used broccoli rubber bands over the forend to hold a follow-up shell on single shot guns, but your effort is far more elegant and places the shell in an ideal spot for fast loading. Gil
Haven’t shot a Turkey load out of it just yet, but have been shaking it like crazy and so far so good. Waiting for some tss loads to be delivered and I’ll post an update!

ChurchAl

Post by ChurchAl »

BirdCatcher wrote:I like it. Great idea. Wouldn’t work on mine as I have a Leupold Turkey scope on mine.
Mind posting a picture of how the mount works when you have a chance? Tried making it universal for anything with a picatinny rail.

BirdCatcher

Post by BirdCatcher »

ChurchAl wrote: December 6th, 2021, 11:34 am
BirdCatcher wrote:I like it. Great idea. Wouldn’t work on mine as I have a Leupold Turkey scope on mine.
Mind posting a picture of how the mount works when you have a chance? Tried making it universal for anything with a picatinny rail.

My rings are too low I believe, my power ring would be in the way.
Attachments
D96614FD-6F91-4DB1-ABE2-FDE9E9D4CBDD.jpeg
“What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer
ChurchAl

Post by ChurchAl »

BirdCatcher wrote:
ChurchAl wrote: December 6th, 2021, 11:34 am

My rings are too low I believe, my power ring would be in the way.
I think it’d fit in that front slot, there’s only ~3mm of material on top of the rail

BirdCatcher

Post by BirdCatcher »

Sweet. I didn’t know if it would work there or not.
crow

Post by crow »

I also use the wide rubber bands from carrot bunches, usually 2 of them for tss, fast for a reload and can still see the front bead.

Your idea looks good for a red dot setup
ChurchAl

Post by ChurchAl »

Made a listing on Etsy if anyone is interested!

https://etsy.me/3pzPfpX

franklin7x57

Post by franklin7x57 »

Just another idea if you're going to sell them, the contender pistol shooters would be a market for something like this.

Return to “Gun Talk”