Viper g2 feeding issue

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Viper g2 feeding issue

Post by Hoobilly »

batsonbe wrote: July 3rd, 2021, 6:24 pm
hoobilly wrote: July 3rd, 2021, 5:05 pm
batsonbe wrote: June 30th, 2021, 2:45 pm I shot mine last Friday for the second time ever. 15x this time around though. This thread made me have 1 round in the chamber and one round in the mag. I couldn’t believe my bad luck didn’t follow me with this gun. I can at least say it chambers the second round every time, but I can’t say it throws a good pattern yet.
What’s a good pattern?
160 with the .385 Indian creek is good I guess. I’m hoping for better
That’s a good start
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
coconut

Post by coconut »

The new action spring got here today. I replaced it and tried the gun. Exact same problem. Calling tristar tomorrow to get shipping label to ship it back. Pos
coconut

Post by coconut »

I suspect some of you don’t care about my tristar updates but I figure there are some that are considering buying one and might be interested in how warranty dept will treat them.
Called today and they said they would email a shipping label for the gun. Said they would either fix it this time or replace it. Sounds promising, I hope it’s true.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Keep the updates coming! Inquiring minds want to know how this shakes out! :salute:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
coconut

Post by coconut »

Still no gun. Last time I called the head gunsmith had sent it to another gunsmith because he was to busy showing the “Turks “ around on there visit. Said he had over 1500 guns in for servicing and was just very busy but would have my gun fixed and mailed within 2 days. That was 6 days ago.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

coconut wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 8:54 am Still no gun. Last time I called the head gunsmith had sent it to another gunsmith because he was to busy showing the “Turks “ around on there visit. Said he had over 1500 guns in for servicing and was just very busy but would have my gun fixed and mailed within 2 days. That was 6 days ago.
Thankfully it’s not turkey season!

coconut

Post by coconut »

Finally got the gun back. I asked them to ship it to a business address but they ignored that and sent it to my farm. Delivery guy sat it out by the gate. Glad someone didn’t steal it and shoot someone with it.
They replaced the barrel and put some pretty serious file marks on the ejection port. The gun cycles now. I still wouldn’t ever buy another one of these.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

coconut wrote: August 14th, 2021, 4:12 pm Finally got the gun back. I asked them to ship it to a business address but they ignored that and sent it to my farm. Delivery guy sat it out by the gate. Glad someone didn’t steal it and shoot someone with it.
They replaced the barrel and put some pretty serious file marks on the ejection port. The gun cycles now. I still wouldn’t ever buy another one of these.
Glad it’s working now. Picture of the file marks?

coconut

Post by coconut »

What is the best thread to learn how to post pictures from iPhone?
coconut

Post by coconut »

File marks would be more precise than this. It looks like they used a concrete stick.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

coconut wrote: August 15th, 2021, 12:42 pm What is the best thread to learn how to post pictures from iPhone?
http://www.gobblernation.com/phpBB3/vie ... ?f=12&t=36

Click that link for how to on pictures

Return to “Gun Talk”