Speed bead mount vs receiver mount.

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Chrmayo

Speed bead mount vs receiver mount.

Post by Chrmayo »

Have an m1 super 90. It’s not drilled and tapped and I’m wanting to put ff3 on it. By the time I have it drilled and tapped and get a mount I could just use the speed bead mount. Any pros or cons to either way. Is one better than the other. I can’t imagine a few inches forward making much difference.
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Speed bead mount vs receiver mount.

Post by Southern Sportsman »

I don’t use a speed bead personally. I just feel like wedging the mounting plate between the stock and receiver cannot possibly be as secure as screwing a mount onto the receiver. But admittedly, I know several who use them and none have had a problem losing zero.

One advantage of the speed bead is it sits behind the receiver and low enough that you can co-witness with the bead. So if you ever had a failure or battery issue with your sight, you could just look through the lens and use your bead to shoot.
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly
yelpy

Re: Speed bead mount vs receiver mount.

Post by yelpy »

I've used the speed bead on my SBE2 and it was great. If the ff decides to quit you can still use the front bead to kill a gobbler. I didn't have any trouble with poi shift. The speed bead was solid.

I bought an M2 and plan on putting one on it.

Return to “Gun Talk”