New a5 barrel threading.

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Chrmayo

New a5 barrel threading.

Post by Chrmayo »

I had talked to William at sumtoy and talked to rose action sports about shortening and rethreading a new a5 barrel and neither could do it due to the bore size on the invector ds barrels. Does anyone thread for this pattern. Bought an extra 28” barrel with stuck choke on eBay just for this then found out it may not be possible.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: New a5 barrel threading.

Post by Hoobilly »

I hear the barrels are really thin and not much can be done with them. How bad is the stuck choke? I have taken several chokes out of barrels that were stuck.

I wonder if they can be cut down and have invector plus chokes and do away with the DS length choke???

maybe even just regular winchoke invector?
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Chrmayo

Post by Chrmayo »

I’m not interested in removing the stuck choke at all. I bought the barrel on eBay for 50 with intentions of cutting short for turkey gun. Was told by one company they couldn’t do it due to bore size in general. Sumtoy may can do it but I’m not sure what threads he can go back with. I really don’t want an odd ball choke in it. If I could go with invector plus or even win choke I would be fine with that. I have a perfect good 26” barrel on the gun. I was just wanting 21-22” just for heck of it.
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

It won't be either of those two threads. Most likely it will be a thin wall threading like truchoke. I doubt much else is possible, you may get lucky and have enough metal for the beretta mobil choke system but I think you are going to be very limited.
Gar Commander

Post by Gar Commander »

I settled for truchoke in a similar situation once. Know that it severely limits your being able to experiment with chokes and also kills your resale value. You may be better off financially to put it back on ebay and try to get your $50 back.
Chrmayo

Post by Chrmayo »

Got it back yesterday. Stuart rethreaded it at 22.5” and went with remchoke. Gotta get a choke for it since I have no 12 remchoke. It handles awesome on the gun so I hope it’s easy to get it to shoot.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Chrmayo wrote: April 7th, 2021, 8:34 pm Got it back yesterday. Stuart rethreaded it at 22.5” and went with remchoke. Gotta get a choke for it since I have no 12 remchoke. It handles awesome on the gun so I hope it’s easy to get it to shoot.
Indiancreek 665! Once you get it all set up your gonna have to post pictures of it

Chrmayo

Post by Chrmayo »

hoobilly wrote: April 8th, 2021, 9:26 am
Chrmayo wrote: April 7th, 2021, 8:34 pm Got it back yesterday. Stuart rethreaded it at 22.5” and went with remchoke. Gotta get a choke for it since I have no 12 remchoke. It handles awesome on the gun so I hope it’s easy to get it to shoot.
Indiancreek 665! Once you get it all set up your gonna have to post pictures of it
No doubt. As of right now it’s just under 44” overall length. I’m gonna find someone to take an inch off Buttstock after season to fit a little better when all nestled up against a tree. Also plan on adding a ff3 then as well.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Chrmayo wrote: April 8th, 2021, 1:13 pm
hoobilly wrote: April 8th, 2021, 9:26 am
No doubt. As of right now it’s just under 44” overall length. I’m gonna find someone to take an inch off Buttstock after season to fit a little better when all nestled up against a tree. Also plan on adding a ff3 then as well.
If it’s not drilled and tapped from the factory then get the meadowcreekmounts. You’ll thank me

Chrmayo

Post by Chrmayo »

Here it is sitting next to the 26” a5. Taking it to etheridge next week for a greenleaf dipping. Going to be getting a meadow creek mount and ff. It’s super light and maneuverable. Think I’m really gonna like it.
0F657796-B3B4-4E22-81B5-2465CF058527.jpeg
SelmaAdam

Post by SelmaAdam »

The picture says it all.Why give it a green look? Re-polishing it only would be best maybe.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Chrmayo wrote: April 21st, 2021, 7:03 pm Here it is sitting next to the 26” a5. Taking it to etheridge next week for a greenleaf dipping. Going to be getting a meadow creek mount and ff. It’s super light and maneuverable. Think I’m really gonna like it. 0F657796-B3B4-4E22-81B5-2465CF058527.jpeg
Very nice!

I like it a lot

Meadowcreekmounts is gonna be nice

DUCKDIGGLER

Post by DUCKDIGGLER »

Might I ask, what did the chop and re-thread cost you sir? Thank you.
Chrmayo

Post by Chrmayo »

SelmaAdam wrote: May 21st, 2021, 2:52 pm The picture says it all.Why give it a green look? Re-polishing it only would be best maybe.
I don’t hunt much in dead corn fields. And it prolly wouldn’t matter but the green leaf is more for me than the birds. Lol.
Chrmayo

Post by Chrmayo »

Might I ask, what did the chop and re-thread cost you sir? Thank you.
[/quote]

Believe it was $125 for cut,thread, new bead, and shipped back to me.
fats

Post by fats »

I had my A5 barrel cut down by Comp-N-choke as well. It turned out great. Actually goes in and out so much better than that Invector DS bull crap.
fats

Post by fats »

Here’s a pic of the gun I had cut beside my new 24” barreled A5
Attachments
FD990DE3-57E0-43D8-9C54-ED03F9368594.jpeg
Chrmayo

Post by Chrmayo »

The 24 looks shorter than the other.
fats