Favorite shotgun sight

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
JefferyAbdallah

Re: Favorite shotgun sight

Post by JefferyAbdallah »

brow wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 6:39 pm front bead with a mid bead

for aiming like a rifle for a gun with a tight center core pattern put the front bead on top of mid bead, "8"
and it's still a fast sight picture for moving shots

Back in the old days it was simple: A shotgun had a bead sight on the end of the muzzle. For wingshoting it was used as a reference while focusing on the bird and pointing the barrel; for stationary targets the bead became the focal point by which to aim the shotgun. Few ever complained of its shortcomings. Then, the industry went all tactical on us.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Jeffery, welcome on your first post. The industry met the needs of some of us.
With turkeys, fewer shot birds over 30-35 yards, no one shot TSS, few shot anything but 12s, if another gauge, it was 10 and more than a few went to red dots when eyeballs grew old. It was either the red dot, rifle sights, or missed or wounded birds or quit. Few complained because they didn't know better. As for wingshooting, I never have noticed the front bead when swinging on a bird. Gil
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

I love shooting the bead as long as the gun shoots to it, when it doesn't then I use rifle sights
mrlongbeard

Post by mrlongbeard »

Trijicon Rmr 08
Green Triangle

Return to “Gun Talk”