Retay Shotguns.

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Retay Shotguns.

Post by Hognutz »

Anybody on here have any thoughts or input on the Retay line of shotguns? I’m a Benelli guy and these are somewhat of a clone.
Curious!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Eagle-Dawgs

Re: Retay Shotguns.

Post by Eagle-Dawgs »

I am a benelli person too. Check out the Girsan MC312 at buds gun shop. I would buy one if I could find one !!!!
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Interesting! I watched the Bud’s video on this gun. Like the Retay, it is a Turkish clone. nice looking, functional and extremely affordable.
Thanks for the heads up!
KyKRAZEE

Post by KyKRAZEE »

I too have a Benelli and a 20 gauge Stoeger M3020 but I've been lookin into these guns since before they were on this continent and since I've handled and fooled with the 12 gauge (20 gauge is in production but not at alot of dealers b/c of this damm virus) I will say this,and this comes from the main rep @ Retay, there are 20 gauge turkey models that are SUPPOSED to be in circulation by Christmas. The one big thing they have on the Benelli is no "Benelli click" ,they also have a completely removable trigger group with one push of a button....but the BIGGEST thing they have is the cost. Ya'll go to YouTube and check out Randy Wakeman's reviews-or on his channel. And ill tell you this much ,when the 20 gauge turkey model comes out this ol boy will have one in his hands.
BIG BLUE NATION FOREVER
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

They do have some great innovations. The redesigned bolt is a huge thing. If you shoot a Benelli you know exactly how frustrating that can be. The no pin trigger assembly is also huge!
I've watched the Randy Wakeman videos in depth. He is a great spokesman for Retay, but I think he's on the payroll in one form or another.
That can be misleading and or biased.
There has been a fair amount of input on the Shotgunworld forum and it has not all been good.
My problem is how do they pull up. It's awful hard for me to by a shotgun, sight unseen, without being able to shoulder it, examine it or check the trigger pull.
The price is right, they appear to be well made, they appear to be functional and they certainly look great. Although the huge forearm nut looks awful!!
I am in the market fo a 20 ga. but I sure would like to put my hands on one!
Thanks for the input!
KyKRAZEE

Post by KyKRAZEE »

Lol...i have to agree about that nut, it is kinda gawdy! I'm not sure where you're located but Whittaker guns (country) had several of the 12 gauge in stock and ill tell ya,to me, they shoulder just a bit better than my SBE 2 !!! According to the main rep, Chris Handy, the 20s are going to be identical to the 12s just smaller. But I'm like you, there's NO WAY I would ever buy a gun without gettin "hands on" with it first. Back to Whittaker guns, they HAD a good supply of these guns and alot of others but because of this PITA virus makin folks go crazy ,the store, guns & ammo both,is basically been bought up! I'll keep this updated as I get more information.
BIG BLUE NATION FOREVER
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

I'm in Wi. and there really is no one around, that I know of, that stocks them. I talked to the sales rep in Maryland and he gave me their three major gun dealers and none were remotely close. They were in Louisiana and Mississippi.

Return to “Gun Talk”