Sloppy foreend

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
BoxCall@68

Sloppy foreend

Post by BoxCall@68 »

I carried a new Mossberg 500 camo 20 gauge gun thru turkey season in Ohio this spring what days I was,able to get out.I really don't like the sloppy rattley foreend on these guns.I'm to the point of taking it to the pawn shop and disposing of it.its really a sloppy gun.I've seen reviews that says its normal.seems Mossberg can tighten up this rattly slop in the foreend.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Sloppy foreend

Post by GLS »

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Had a Country Squire 20ga that I have to a cousin years ago. It wasn’t as bad as others I had held. But that kinda threw me off of pump mossys. This lil 410 is t as sloppy
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

My first dedicated turkey gun was a Mossberg bought in the mid 90s. It was tight and didn't rattle for over ten seasons. I fixed it by cutting some pieces of adhesive backed felt and putting in the forearm to hold it tight from the barrel. The material was sold as furniture slider.

I have seen some recently made Mossbergs that don't rattle. I have handled a couple new ones that were sloppy.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

I've used the adhesive backed furniture felt as well. A quick and easy fix. Gil

Return to “Gun Talk”