Modified M4 Stock to fit Super Black Eagle

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Jstocks

Modified M4 Stock to fit Super Black Eagle

Post by Jstocks »

This may have been posted before.
I modified one of the M4 stocks that can be bought for a reasonable price to fit a super black eagle
It’s obviously not a perfect design near the trigger guard but it fits very snug. Not sure if I’ll keep it on here or not. I’m going to dip the stock now in greenleaf and cerakote the metal on the receiver and barrel.
9F6AB6CC-F807-480F-9261-BF58B07A7A28.jpeg
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Modified M4 Stock to fit Super Black Eagle

Post by Hoobilly »

right on! once its camoed you won't know it wasn't factory!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Jstocks

Post by Jstocks »

If anyone wants to know the ins and outs on how to modify one of these stocks, let me know. It was easy once I had the right tools. The stock was on sale for $40 bucks, so not an expensive mod at all.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Jstocks wrote: July 15th, 2019, 11:39 pm If anyone wants to know the ins and outs on how to modify one of these stocks, let me know. It was easy once I had the right tools. The stock was on sale for $40 bucks, so not an expensive mod at all.
I think that’s the stock that screws into place on the M4. And you hone out the threaded section?

Jstocks

Post by Jstocks »

I removed the threaded bolt, then my recoil system fit right into the stock and mounted to the sling bracket that runs through the stock
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Jstocks wrote: July 16th, 2019, 2:45 pm I removed the threaded bolt, then my recoil system fit right into the stock and mounted to the sling bracket that runs through the stock
Doesn’t get much easier than that!

Jstocks

Post by Jstocks »

In order to remove the bolt in the M4 stock, you have to have a 13mm deep well socket and a 6” extension. You’ll need (2) nuts that match 8x1.0 thread pattern I think. Put those on there locked together from the receiver side, then use them to ten to bolt counter clockwise to remove it. Pull the washers out and your left with only the sling bracket to run your original recoil spring from the receiver through the hole in the bracket and secure.

Return to “Gun Talk”