Spring 2020

Stories of your favorite gobbler hunts.
bottomlandassassin

Spring 2020

Post by bottomlandassassin »

Like most, my plans for spring 2020 were altered due to this crazy pandemic we're experiencing but I managed to knock a couple of new states off the list that I had not originally planned.

My season at home in MS was short and sweet but gobbling seemed to be down on my dirt this year. I couldn't hardly buy a gobble on the ground most mornings but I was tagged out before April and enjoyed some beautiful hunts. Once I was finished in the home state, my first road trip was to South Carolina. I was unsuccessful there but plan to go back sooner than later and will allow myself a few more days to get it done. The next trip was my annual Alabama trip with my grandfather. Getting to spend time with him in the turkey woods is one of my absolute favorite things to do. He taught me how to hunt everything except turkey. Growing up in the MS Delta, our focus was on deer and ducks but once I got into turkey hunting, he wanted to start going with me as another way to spend time together. We both had success in Alabama. The next week, my dad and I loaded up and spent a long weekend in Oklahoma. Hunting was tough to say the least. I killed the very first afternoon but after that, turkeys were non-existent. Dad came home empty handed but we still had a great time spending a long weekend together. The last leg of my season took me to some new states, New Mexico and Michigan. I've got to give thanks to the guys in this forum that were responsive to the private messages I sent inquiring about some specific areas. Some of you really helped us out and I hope to be able to repay that favor when that time comes.

This forum really is unlike any other forum I am part of and we all should take pride in that! I love this sport, I love the wild turkey, I love traveling to new places and seeing this beautiful country the good Lord blessed us with! I hope and pray generations after me get to experience what I have and hopefully continue to experience.
IMG_0092.JPG
IMG_0093.JPG
IMG_0097.JPG
IMG_0099.JPG
IMG_0101.JPG
IMG_0007.jpg
IMG_0007.jpg (48.98 KiB) Viewed 2998 times
IMG_0120.JPG
IMG_0120.JPG (46.8 KiB) Viewed 2998 times
IMG_0210.JPG
IMG_0210.JPG (34.17 KiB) Viewed 2998 times
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Spring 2020

Post by Hoobilly »

Beautiful pictures!

Nothing better than making memories with family

As far as I know my grandfather never killed a turkey. My dad got a late start in turkey hunting with me, but found he would rather turkey hunt than deer
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
paboxcall

Re: Spring 2020

Post by paboxcall »

Agree - great season. You have the camera thing figured out. They are beauts!
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer

Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.

Return to “Huntin Tales”