Seek One Maryland sika hunt

Post your favorite YouTube hunting videos here.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Seek One Maryland sika hunt

Post by Hoobilly »

Anyone here ever hunt Sika deer?

I think this would be a lot of fun since they vocalize like elk

My need to see what it costs to hunt these

Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
WV Ridge Reaper
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Seek One Maryland sika hunt

Post by WV Ridge Reaper »

The locals don’t like the attention..Believe the meat eater bunch started it..I work with some locals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

WV Ridge Reaper wrote: November 16th, 2021, 7:02 pm The locals don’t like the attention..Believe the meat eater bunch started it..I work with some locals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How big a area do the sika have to roam?

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Never hunted them but had one growing up she lived to be 20 maybe 25, previous owner had her for seven of it.. It was a sad day when she finally died.. Never had a Sitka stag, there mean as hell.. Woulda killed the fallows..

As for vocalizations she had this weird higher pitch nasally "zing" ????sound..
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: November 16th, 2021, 9:34 pm Never hunted them but had one growing up she lived to be 20 maybe 25, previous owner had her for seven of it.. It was a sad day when she finally died.. Never had a Sitka stag, there mean as hell.. Woulda killed the fallows..

I don’t think I ever remember you talking about that on the nwtf forum. That’s pretty cool

Wonder how they would do here in northern Indiana???

crow

Post by crow »

My father in law was on a lease on the eastern shore that had sika

they would sometimes hunt them out of a john boat, 1 guy with buckshot in the bow and another guy polling the boat thru the marsh and jump them up like rabbits. This was back in the 80's
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

crow wrote: November 16th, 2021, 11:58 pm My father in law was on a lease on the eastern shore that had sika

they would sometimes hunt them out of a john boat, 1 guy with buckshot in the bow and another guy polling the boat thru the marsh and jump them up like rabbits. This was back in the 80's
That would be fun to do

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

hoobilly wrote: November 16th, 2021, 10:32 pm
ICDEDTURKES wrote: November 16th, 2021, 9:34 pm Never hunted them but had one growing up she lived to be 20 maybe 25, previous owner had her for seven of it.. It was a sad day when she finally died.. Never had a Sitka stag, there mean as hell.. Woulda killed the fallows..

I don’t think I ever remember you talking about that on the nwtf forum. That’s pretty cool

Wonder how they would do here in northern Indiana???
Never saw a place to bring it up.. Always had 6-8 fallows and that Sitka.. Baby goats, tame ducks stocked trout pond another pond with hybrid gills.. Was really cool... Alot of great memories.
firedup

Post by firedup »

Had a good friend go there and hunt them with crossbow 2 years ago. He used a local outfitter. He did kill one and said it was a fun hunt. Not sure of other details. I think a big plus was that it was in January. After most other hunting seasons for hooved type game were over.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

firedup wrote: November 17th, 2021, 7:24 pm Had a good friend go there and hunt them with crossbow 2 years ago. He used a local outfitter. He did kill one and said it was a fun hunt. Not sure of other details. I think a big plus was that it was in January. After most other hunting seasons for hooved type game were over.
I wonder if a dual hunt can be done in January. Sika and ducks

Now that would be fun

crow

Post by crow »

Years ago hunting on the E. Shore (in the good days when lead shot was legal) I've shot deer out of goose pit blinds during the late muzzleloader season several times
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

crow wrote: November 18th, 2021, 8:22 pm Years ago hunting on the E. Shore (in the good days when lead shot was legal) I've shot deer out of goose pit blinds during the late muzzleloader season several times
That would be epic

jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

I was looking into it a few years back. License/tag was between 450-500. I was looking at a public land hunt.

That was for an archery tag
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

jsh909 wrote: November 26th, 2021, 3:14 am I was looking into it a few years back. License/tag was between 450-500. I was looking at a public land hunt.

That was for an archery tag
They must be proud of them at that price. Still cheaper than elk tho

crow

Post by crow »

Md. charges Pa. 125.00 for hunting lic. and 25.00 for archery or muzzleloader tag, and 5.00 more goes to issuing agent, that includes whitetails and sika

they may charge you whatever your State charges Md. residents for an out of state lic.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

crow wrote: November 26th, 2021, 2:37 pm Md. charges Pa. 125.00 for hunting lic. and 25.00 for archery or muzzleloader tag, and 5.00 more goes to issuing agent, that includes whitetails and sika

they may charge you whatever your State charges Md. residents for an out of state lic.
Indiana is backwards on doing reciprocation

Wish they did

Would be worth going and hearing them bugle

jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

hoobilly wrote: November 28th, 2021, 8:21 am
crow wrote: November 26th, 2021, 2:37 pm Md. charges Pa. 125.00 for hunting lic. and 25.00 for archery or muzzleloader tag, and 5.00 more goes to issuing agent, that includes whitetails and sika

Wish they did

Brice, I was wrong. I must have mixed up states in my notes somehow. I just checked. Crow is much closer. Looks like NR license is 130 and NR antlered archery tag is 25. I had them written down as NR license as 285 and NR archery tag as 135. I have no idea what state or tags I was looking at when I wrote that down. Sorry for the confusion
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

Looking now I might give it a shot next year. We were thinking about a velvet Kentucky hunt, but for that price I think I would rather try for adding another notch towards my deer slam
crow

Post by crow »

What ever you do, if you hunt the Md. E. Shore don't tell them your a Baltimoron
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

crow wrote: November 28th, 2021, 5:22 pm What ever you do, if you hunt the Md. E. Shore don't tell them your a Baltimoron
:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

crow

Post by crow »

I watched part 2 today, watched the "miss" with his bow in slow motion and frame by frame, he obviously missed but I think only because the deer dropped down under the arrow.

there is a horizontal stick that only becomes visible as the deer drops, you can use it to see where the arrow would of hit in a perfect world.
probably high spine shot

still cool to call one into bow range
MeadowCreekMounts

Post by MeadowCreekMounts »

An indiana GW wrote me a ticket last year while deer hunting because I didn't have a hunting license, only a deer tag. Idiot spent about an hour (right at daylight) wasting my time while he researched it before writing the ticket. I knew he was full of it and told him to give me 5 seconds of his time to prove I didn't need it. I pulled it up on my phone where it clearly says all I need is a Deer tag. Why was he so sure that Indiana and SC had reciprocity? I mean do these guys not get educated on the laws they are supposed to enforce? Anyways, he ripped up the ticket.

Wish they did

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

GALongbeardSmacker wrote: December 28th, 2021, 1:13 pm An indiana GW wrote me a ticket last year while deer hunting because I didn't have a hunting license, only a deer tag. Idiot spent about an hour (right at daylight) wasting my time while he researched it before writing the ticket. I knew he was full of it and told him to give me 5 seconds of his time to prove I didn't need it. I pulled it up on my phone where it clearly says all I need is a Deer tag. Why was he so sure that Indiana and SC had reciprocity? I mean do these guys not get educated on the laws they are supposed to enforce? Anyways, he ripped up the ticket.

Wish they did

You have no idea the horror I e went through over the years with Indiana dnr officers. It’s all about making a name for themselves

guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

At least they take good care of the evidence they collect in case they have to return it.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

guesswho wrote: December 28th, 2021, 3:58 pm At least they take good care of the evidence they collect in case they have to return it.
:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

Return to “GNTV”