Goose tube call?

everything except turkey & deer
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Goose tube call?

Post by Hoobilly »

Mind blown on seeing this tube call for geese.

Anyone ever hear one run?

https://billsaunderscalls.com/product/s ... tube-call/
Attachments
C2A6E6E5-346E-465D-8CE7-E996525E88F4.jpeg
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Goose tube call?

Post by soiltester »

I'll stick with my Ken Martin relic of a goose call :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

Not heard one, but if saunders is putting them out I am sure it's quality. I still carry a hybrid flute and short reed and will probably never change that but cool to see something different.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Spider sent this to me. It’s crazy sick! Realistic even in a building!

guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Is he using one of those tube calls? Buy one and post a soundfile, I’m betting it don’t sound like that :lol:
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

guesswho wrote: October 24th, 2021, 6:01 pm Is he using one of those tube calls? Buy one and post a soundfile, I’m betting it don’t sound like that :lol:
Yessir he is!

He’s rocking it for sure

Don’t be jealous 😂

guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

If that’s what he’s using, then I think you need to get at least two.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

guesswho wrote: October 24th, 2021, 6:24 pm If that’s what he’s using, then I think you need to get at least two.
😂 😂 😂

spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

hoobilly wrote: October 24th, 2021, 6:33 pm
guesswho wrote: October 24th, 2021, 6:24 pm If that’s what he’s using, then I think you need to get at least two.
😂 😂 😂
Haha, WhoBilly work em a deal for some .410s ! Mr. Coleman is the real deal, Firefighter out of Maryland and extremely humble and funny. 3 time World Live goose calling champion, all consecutive years !
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

I was introduced to a tube goose call in the 70's by Harold Knight and the late Jim King and still have one of the hand-turned walnut tubes made by Harold and countless plastic versions. After Harold won the Eastern Shore World Goose calling Championship w/ a tube call the powers that be realized what they were dealing w/ and promptly banned the tube call from further competitions. I was taught to blow a short reed goose call by the gentleman who invented the calls the late Tim Grounds and never hunt geese without a short reed and tube call. The tube calls can be a real bitch to tune and keep in the proper tension and reed position especially in severe changing temperatures, but, especially on quiet, windless days there is not better call for geese. Just like a tube call on turkeys, the sound "floats" and birds can't pinpoint the location of the call. With practice you can make every call and sound that a goose makes and can adjust the call via the diaphragm position and tension to call Canada geese from large greaters to lessers. I think that due to the fact that both turkeys and geese seldom hear a properly used tube call that it contributes significantly to the effectiveness of the call.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

decoykrvr wrote: October 24th, 2021, 7:11 pm I was introduced to a tube goose call in the 70's by Harold Knight and the late Jim King and still have one of the hand-turned walnut tubes made by Harold and countless plastic versions. After Harold won the Eastern Shore World Goose calling Championship w/ a tube call the powers that be realized what they were dealing w/ and promptly banned the tube call from further competitions. I was taught to blow a short reed goose call by the gentleman who invented the calls the late Tim Grounds and never hunt geese without a short reed and tube call. The tube calls can be a real bitch to tune and keep in the proper tension and reed position especially in severe changing temperatures, but, especially on quiet, windless days there is not better call for geese. Just like a tube call on turkeys, the sound "floats" and birds can't pinpoint the location of the call. With practice you can make every call and sound that a goose makes and can adjust the call via the diaphragm position and tension to call Canada geese from large greaters to lessers. I think that due to the fact that both turkeys and geese seldom hear a properly used tube call that it contributes significantly to the effectiveness of the call.
I have several Tim Grounds goose calls. Glad to see his son Hunter is carrying on the legacy. I was hardcore hinting ducks and geese 20-15 years ago and slowed way down. Has been hit or miss the last few years. This year I’m more excited to wack some fowl than recent years

I’ll have to get me one just to say I have one and see how bad I am at using it 😂

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

decoykrvr wrote: October 24th, 2021, 7:11 pm I was introduced to a tube goose call in the 70's by Harold Knight and the late Jim King and still have one of the hand-turned walnut tubes made by Harold and countless plastic versions. After Harold won the Eastern Shore World Goose calling Championship w/ a tube call the powers that be realized what they were dealing w/ and promptly banned the tube call from further competitions. I was taught to blow a short reed goose call by the gentleman who invented the calls the late Tim Grounds and never hunt geese without a short reed and tube call. The tube calls can be a real bitch to tune and keep in the proper tension and reed position especially in severe changing temperatures, but, especially on quiet, windless days there is not better call for geese. Just like a tube call on turkeys, the sound "floats" and birds can't pinpoint the location of the call. With practice you can make every call and sound that a goose makes and can adjust the call via the diaphragm position and tension to call Canada geese from large greaters to lessers. I think that due to the fact that both turkeys and geese seldom hear a properly used tube call that it contributes significantly to the effectiveness of the call.
Great post... I take it you're blown the half breed..

Ok I gotta quit talking goose..
2nd100

Post by 2nd100 »

Never tried to get good on a tube for geese . ... But what was said about turkeys , is quite understandable . I don't leave home without one , and I'm talking Cuz Strickland religious about that. Turned around 30 miles from home to go back and get mine before .
My chioce is a Tower of power from Ron Clough ,then a Matt McClain ( **** any of his ) then one of the delrin calls from Bill Baubitt.
The whine and gobbling are exceptions to the rule with these calls . truly voodoo on turkeys !
10th Legion legionare !

Return to “Waterfowl & Small Game”