Day 48 of the 2021 Squirrel Season

everything except turkey & deer
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Day 48 of the 2021 Squirrel Season

Post by HunterGKS »

I wanted to get my turkey soup started so I didn’t go out 1st thing this morning.
I turned on the slow cooker at 10:15 & off to “my” turkey woods I went.

It was 56, blue clear skies, sunny, & calm at 10:44 when I sat down. At 11:10, I
spotted a fox a long ways off in front of me working its way towards me just inside
the woods. It got to the brush pile on my left & stopped several times but always
had something between me & its head. It kept moving east & went up a tree never
stopping. I could see it moving around in the tops, moving from tree to tree. At
11:15, a deer blew behind me on my right which started the bushy fussing & cussing,
scolding up a storm. I was able to turn in my chair to watch it & it finally stopped in
a fork still pretty covered by leaves. I kept the scope on it & finally got a clear head
shop. Unfortunately, she moved as I squeezed at 11:20 & I got a horrible gut shot hit,
a nice young female. I figured it would be a real hard cleaning job but it went as usual
but was a little messier.

At 12:00, the breeze picked up & it got a little chilly. At 12:20, I walked out to the
edge of the woods & was greeted by a nice warm, sunny spot in which to warm up.

Nothing was stirring so, at 14:30, with the same blue clear skies, a breeze, & sunny
with a temp of 61, I headed home to check on the soup.

Have errands in town tomorrow morning but plan to hit “my” deer woods after lunch
to change the card in my trail cam & hunt for a few hours.

001.jpg
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Return to “Waterfowl & Small Game”