Day 6 of the 2021 Squirrel Season

everything except turkey & deer
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Day 6 of the 2021 Squirrel Season

Post by HunterGKS »

I got a late start to the woods behind the house this morning. It was10:13, 68, & clear with a slight breeze.
Nothing was stirring except the birds so I took a walk back to the pond at 12:15

Someone had maintained the 4-wheeler trails for many years keeping them from becoming overgrown &
removing any fallen trees. Nothing was done last year or yet this year. There were a lot of overgrown areas
as well as a lot of trees down over the trails. It was a real PIA getting to the pond & back.

I got to the pond & after a cursory look see, I sat down on my camp chair &, of course, a fox moved along
the pond edge. It had been there & I just didn’t see it. I was able to see it moving around the pond circling
behind me on my right. It final stopped & she accepted my offer of a ride in my 4-wheeler. The camp chair
is very uncomfortable so, after about 1 ½ hrs, I headed back & got there at about 14:03.

At 15:15, an owl started hooting to the far west of me. It called for about 15 minutes. At 14:50, I glanced
to my left & a fox had materialized at the base of a tree about 30’ from me. It slowly moved away stopping
at about 50’ & will be joining her sister on a ride home.

A few minutes later, a 4-wheeler started running the woods so I headed in at 15:00.

My plan is to hunt “my” deer woods tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully some deer will have shown up in front
of my trail cam.

001.jpg
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Return to “Waterfowl & Small Game”