Day 65 of the 2020 Ohio Squirrel Season

everything except turkey & deer
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Day 65 of the 2020 Ohio Squirrel Season

Post by HunterGKS »

It was a beautiful morning to be in the woods. I was ready to go at 10:15 with the temp at 56,
sunny, clear blue skies, & windy. There were 2 guys with 4-wheelers out in the field along the
edge of the woods. I think they were bow hunting the woods to the far west. They left at 11:00.
At 11:30, the wind really picked up. At 12:30, I decided to move to the north side & was ready
to go at 12:40. At 12:47, a fox started down a tree to my left. It stopped in an opening just large
enough to squeeze in a .17. It was a young female. Good decision to move that paid off in 7 minutes.

At 13:20, a bushy ran north towards the corn field & a couple of minute later, headed back south on a
log never giving me a shot. At 13:32, it ran back north but never reappeared.

As much as I enjoy sitting in the peace & quiet of the woods, after almost 4 ½ hours with minimal of
action, I got bored & headed home at 14:30 with the temp up to 71, still windy, sunny, clear blue skies.
I planned to try a new woods tomorrow afternoon & “My’ deer woods Friday afternoon. That may be it
for this year.

001.jpg

002.jpg
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Day 65 of the 2020 Ohio Squirrel Season

Post by soiltester »

Ya' gonna' B' killin' em' now, as leaves appear to be fallin' and yer' soon to B', "pot buddies", are gettin' more active :thumbup:

Don't git' a sore shoulder shootin' em' :LMAO: :stir:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??

Return to “Waterfowl & Small Game”