Day 15 of the 2020 Ohio Squirrel Season

everything except turkey & deer
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Day 15 of the 2020 Ohio Squirrel Season

Post by HunterGKS »

It was 70, hazy, with a light breeze when I started back to my spot in the clearing of Grandpa Pa Scott’s woods.
At 12:52, I took the chair out the bag & put it in place, put the bag over the back, the camera over the back, &
laid the .17 across the arm rests & started o take off my vest. I looked up & there was a fox moving right towards
me just inside the woods off the trail. I picked up the .17, got the cross hairs on its head, & squeezed. Unfortunately,
she moved & I hit her in the rib cage. I have never gotten a bushy within the 1st minute & even before I sat down. I
thought to myself, self I thought: This could be a really good day!!

At 14:15, I saw a tail flash at the base of a partially blown over tree. I twisted around in my chair & got ready. It
moved a few feet up the tree & stopped. I took the “easy” shot & MISSED!!!! I figured it was game over but he
stayed right there. As a general rule, when given a 2nd chance, I don’t miss. I jacked in another round & a nice
young male joined the bigger, older female.

At 14:45, I had to answer a call from Ma Nature & decided to pick up #2 & walk through the east section. I got back
about 15:15 & a few minutes later saw at least 2 deer in the west section. I couldn’t really tell what they were but
think 1 was a doe.

I headed in at about 17:00 with the temp at 72, still hazy with the breeze. I’m wondering if the haze may have been
smoke from the fires? I had heard it was supposed to be heading this way. I plan to hit “my” primary turkey woods
in the morning.

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Return to “Waterfowl & Small Game”