Day 10 of the 2020 Ohio Squirrel Season

everything except turkey & deer
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Day 10 of the 2020 Ohio Squirrel Season

Post by HunterGKS »

I had planned going out behind the house this morning but there was a heavy, thick, fog &
it didn’t seem like it would be too productive. The fog still hadn’t burned off by 10:00 so
I decided to wait until after lunch.

On the drive to & from lunch, it was real misty but, by the time I was ready to go at 13:45,
it had stopped. I got set-up at 13:58 with a temp of 70, light breeze, & overcast. At 14:35,
2 foxes showed um in the dead fall to my front right playing tag. They went up a dead leaning
tree into the tops. I would catch a glimpse every once in awhile but no shot. I thought about
trying to slip up on them but decided not to as I thought I would spook them.

At 14:48, they came back down into the dead fall. 1 started down the back log towards me.
I hoped it would jump to the front log which would have put it right in front of me. Instead it
dropped off the end of the log out of sight. I could see the other one sitting in the dead fall.
All of it was in the wide open except its head & I won’t take a body shot. It finally ran through
the dead fall away from me. In the mean time, the 1st one came out into the open at the end
of the front log & literally lost its head to the .17 HMR at 14:50. Patience does pay off.
001.jpg
I walked back to the pond at 15:57 with no sightings & went back at 16:26. I headed to the house
at 17:30. The weather was the same except the temp was at 68. I may go to my deer woods Sat.
morning.

I have heard it said that the .17 HMR doesn't back much of a wallop. I think this young feller would
beg to differ.

002.jpg
003.jpg
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Day 10 of the 2020 Ohio Squirrel Season

Post by OLE RASPY »

Good job George.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)