Day 39 of the 2019 Ohio Squirrel Season

everything except turkey & deer
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Day 39 of the 2019 Ohio Squirrel Season

Post by HunterGKS »

It was 58, calm, & sunny when I hit the woods behind the house this morning but a bit cooler inside the woods.
I planned on staying only about 2 hours as I have a lot of work to do around the house.

I decided to take a walk back to the pond at 11:25. As I got close, I saw a fox running through the woods away
from the pond at 11:35. At 11:40, a bushy came down to get a drink & became #18, a male.

It dropped, then flopped a couple of times, & then ended up taking a mud bath. At 11:45, another 1 came to
the end of pond on my left. I got in a hurry, rushed the shot, & watch it jump about a foot in the air & haul
tail into the woods.

At 11:48, I saw 1 in the woods but lost sight of it. At 12:07, a fox came to the pond right where the 1st 1 was
& became #20 inside of 3’ of the 1st.

TURN OUT THE LIGHTS, THE SEASONS OVER!!!!

I hit my personal limit of 20 & now will start getting ready for fall turkey which starts on 10/12. It was 68,
breezy, & sunny when I headed to the house.

I was surprised when I checked my log to find that I got 14 males & 6 females. It’s usually a little more
balanced.
01.JPG
02.JPG
As I was starting to clean the 2nd bushy, a small part of the .17 ballistic tip fell out of the head. That’s what
makes the .17 so destructive, it is extremely frangible.
03.JPG
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Day 39 of the 2019 Ohio Squirrel Season

Post by soiltester »

Congrats on another great season and the perserverence you had during your hunt time!!! :thumbup:

Now go n' git' dem' turkeys!! :stir: :cheers:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??

Return to “Waterfowl & Small Game”