New at Coyote hunting

Techniques and calls.
tracker8320

New at Coyote hunting

Post by tracker8320 »

I have been out a few times last year. I always get some talking but can never get them in to the gun. I have electronics, Foxpro fusion and some hand calls. Can anyone give me suggestions like a good call sequence to start with. I have most of Foxpro downloads. I live in WNY, lot's of yotes. Thanks...
Wounded big game tracker with dogs...
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: New at Coyote hunting

Post by OLE RASPY »

If your getting them to talk back and they are no shows then you need to close the distance. Soon as you get in there bubble then they will show there self.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

I dont use coyote vocals here much until feb or so.
Summertime I use Fawn distress with good success.
Also like female whimpers followed by pup screams.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

watch some of the MFK videos and listen to their calling. Very informative and worth it.

My son is really getting into the calling and he's soaking it up like a sponge and learning all he can.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
RockinLOutfitters

Post by RockinLOutfitters »

tracker8320 wrote: December 21st, 2019, 8:25 pm I have been out a few times last year. I always get some talking but can never get them in to the gun. I have electronics, Foxpro fusion and some hand calls. Can anyone give me suggestions like a good call sequence to start with. I have most of Foxpro downloads. I live in WNY, lot's of yotes. Thanks...
Some people like to start with Howls, I personally don’t. Depending on the time of year, how pressured the coyotes are in the area, and if they’re already howling determines it for me. 9/10 I won’t howl though. You’ll never convince a coyote, that you’re another coyote. They just hear something to peak curiosity.

9/10 if you want a go-to sequence. Start kind of soft. With some vole squeaks or rodent distress. Let it play a couple minutes. Then up the volume a bit and go into your prey distress, whatever that might be. Switch your sound every 3.5-5 minutes. Go through a series.

Again, a lot of people love the vocals. But remember a coyote is an opportunistic eater by nature. Sometimes just a soft vole squeak that they’re in ear range of is all it takes. Coyote vocals and Not understanding the situation, the hunting pressure, or a coyotes nature, more than half the time will be just a waste of time.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Austin
Central Missouri

Rockin L Outfitters

Winchester arms - Carlson Chokes - Salt Creek Shotshells

Return to “Predator Calling”