T-Mobile

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

T-Mobile

Post by CamoMan4025 »

I'm trying to get a feel for the cell service, T-Mobile. We've had Sprint for 25 years, but T-Mobile has a First Responders plan that will almost cut my bill in half. I know Sprint and T-Mobile have merged, but I don't believe they are all the way connected yet. I was wondering who has the service and if it's something I need to look into.

Thanks,

Kevin
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: T-Mobile

Post by spider316 »

I realize you specifically said Tmobile but have you looked at ATT ? They have a first Responders network also. Hope it helps.
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

In my part of the country, SE Ga., Verizon has service where others fail. A buddy's wife was a life long employee of Bell South which was absorbed by ATT. She and her husband had their plan at the cut rate price for retired employees. Jerry complained to her that he couldn't get service in the turkey woods and she told him they wouldn't switch because of cost. All it took was for her to personally experience the lack of coverage on a trip for her to change her mind. Sometimes the cost of a bargain isn't worth the price. Check with Verizon and see if they have the package. Gil
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

The only reason I stick with Verizon is coverage over the U.S. and also in Kodiak, Alaska :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
turkyjoe

Post by turkyjoe »

My version phone worked on a guold turkey hunt in Mexico
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Thanks for the input guys. Yes, AT&T does have a first responders network (First Net) and that would be my preference, but I would be the only one allowed on that plan and it's a tad pricey, but for the benefit of it, I would pay. Wifey isn't too keen on leaving Sprint. Actually Sprint has been pretty good to us, just looking at pricing and what it would take to get a new phone. My phone is about shot and I want a new one....I'm kinda a Deva!

Thanks again,

Kevin
paboxcall

Post by paboxcall »

I have Verizon. Guys I hunt with in remote parts of the northeast who don't, ask to borrow my smart phone to call home or check email. For coverage Verizon can't be beat.
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer

Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

I misread the title & thought it said T-Rex who I really like especially when they Bang a Gong & Get it On!!
Bang a Gong.jpg
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

We switched from Sprint to T Mobile very recently on a "senior plan". TMobile guy put the T Mobile SIM cards in our phone and told us to go try them for a few days over a long weekend before switching to see if they worked for us.
We went back, kept those same SIM cards in the phone and they lowered our bill to the plan rate and my phone screen shows :T Mobile but we now get billed the "senior rate" by Sprint. Weird.
The T Mobile service is as good as Sprint where we go, town, woods and lake. It's been fine when I traveled and I've put 7K miles on my truck chasing turkeys this spring.
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Kevin this adds been popping up for me, thought of you :love8: :love8:

Not sure if it's new or not
https://www.verizon.com/business/soluti ... bEALw_wcB
Dr Juice

Post by Dr Juice »

I had Sprint for many years and made the mistake by switching the SIM card to T-mobile. My service went from fair to none in the Catskills of NY. Therefore, i dropped them and now have AT&T and haven’t looked back. The service and benefits that go along with AT&T are much better. Good luck [emoji256] with your decision.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

I ended up going to AT&T FirstNet. It's along the same lines as the Verizon plan. My work phone is on that Verizon plan.

Thanks for all the feedback,

Kevin
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

I’m thinking of paying my phone off this fall and switching to patriot mobile
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

hoobilly wrote: August 25th, 2021, 11:55 am I’m thinking of paying my phone off this fall and switching to patriot mobile
I read that as Patriot Missile. I thought you were about to go ballistic...literally! :D
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Tail Feathers wrote: August 25th, 2021, 10:24 pm
hoobilly wrote: August 25th, 2021, 11:55 am I’m thinking of paying my phone off this fall and switching to patriot mobile
I read that as Patriot Missile. I thought you were about to go ballistic...literally! :D
I would like that also

😂
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
RBMTDJager

Post by RBMTDJager »

Have had Sprint for about 15-17 months before T-Mobile bought them. I don't hate T-Mobile but their service has been consistently the worse EVERYwhere I have gone VS my friends or coworkers who have Verizon or ATT.
Lost count of the times my coworkers or friends can stream videos and I can't even make a call without bad interference or getting dropped, forget watching videos.
I plan on switching soon.
sbe2shooter

Post by sbe2shooter »

Just a thought..Try Visible Wireless, a sister company of Verizon. My family and i took a chance and switched over in July. Paid off our phones was sent a sim card from Visible. 25$ per line per month with party pay. Far cry from the 280 we were paying with Sprint. Unlimited everything, we absolutely love it. The cons, no in store customer service, reviews say calls can be dropped around peak times with Verizon customers getting priority setvice. To date, we’ve had zero issues, that’s with two teen girls constantly on their phones. In Virginia so not sure how you’re area will handle it. As always research it and check out Visible wireless website.
RBMTDJager

Post by RBMTDJager »

sbe2shooter wrote: April 17th, 2022, 7:07 pm Just a thought..Try Visible Wireless, a sister company of Verizon. My family and i took a chance and switched over in July. Paid off our phones was sent a sim card from Visible. 25$ per line per month with party pay. Far cry from the 280 we were paying with Sprint. Unlimited everything, we absolutely love it. The cons, no in store customer service, reviews say calls can be dropped around peak times with Verizon customers getting priority setvice. To date, we’ve had zero issues, that’s with two teen girls constantly on their phones. In Virginia so not sure how you’re area will handle it. As always research it and check out Visible wireless website.
Thanks for the suggestion will give Visible wireless a look-see

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”