SITKA PANTS

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

SITKA PANTS

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Hey gang, well I ordered a pair of pants from SKRE GEAR. They got great reviews, but they ran really small so I ended up returning them. They were also a little noisier than I wanted. Anyway, I found a pair of Sitka pants on sale at Sportsmans Warehouse. I can't comment to them in the field since I just received them yesterday, but they feel great. Seem very well made and have sort of a mid-weight feel. They appear to be very quiet. I'm just throwing this out there in case anyone is looking for a new pair of pants. Sitka is super expensive, but at $119, I feel this wasn't a bad deal.

Good Luck,

Kevin

https://www.sportsmans.com/clothing-out ... s/p/p36911
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: SITKA PANTS

Post by guesswho »

Is that what your getting all your pro-staffers to wear for next turkey season?
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

guesswho wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 5:58 pm Is that what your getting all your pro-staffers to wear for next turkey season?
:usa:

Logan Holts of Burris Optics wears Sitka for elk hunting. And also same for turkey season

He wears them everyday and they don’t tear up easily
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

CamoMan4025 wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 3:54 pm Hey gang, well I ordered a pair of pants from SKRE GEAR. They got great reviews, but they ran really small so I ended up returning them.
I hear woman say that all the time, not necessarily with Sitka, but clothes in general..
Lacire

Post by Lacire »

Sitka Gear is expensive but it’s well made. I’ve really liked using there mid weight Mountain paints for the fall deer and spring turkey seasons over the last three years. I use them with there suspenders and I was surprised by how much my old legs like the built in removable knee pads. (I do remove them if I plan on doing a lot of walking or hiking because the pads can chaff you). I had a chance to hunt Gould’s in Mexico this year and bought a pair of there very light weight Ascent paints. When I was there it was hot and we busted through a lot of chaparral. I thought for sure these would be shredded but, no snags, rips or tears and I don’t think I could’ve found a cooler pair of pants. So I can recommend both of these. I’m sure the Equinox paints you purchased are of the same quality.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Lacire wrote: August 4th, 2021, 2:41 am Sitka Gear is expensive but it’s well made. I’ve really liked using there mid weight Mountain paints for the fall deer and spring turkey seasons over the last three years. I use them with there suspenders and I was surprised by how much my old legs like the built in removable knee pads. (I do remove them if I plan on doing a lot of walking or hiking because the pads can chaff you). I had a chance to hunt Gould’s in Mexico this year and bought a pair of there very light weight Ascent paints. When I was there it was hot and we busted through a lot of chaparral. I thought for sure these would be shredded but, no snags, rips or tears and I don’t think I could’ve found a cooler pair of pants. So I can recommend both of these. I’m sure the Equinox paints you purchased are of the same quality.
If I remember correctly Logan’s pants have Kevlar in the knees and in the butt. He said no cuts abrasion or thorns have passed through

CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: August 4th, 2021, 12:51 am
CamoMan4025 wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 3:54 pm Hey gang, well I ordered a pair of pants from SKRE GEAR. They got great reviews, but they ran really small so I ended up returning them.
I hear woman say that all the time, not necessarily with Sitka, but clothes in general..
Oh Tommie Boy...........You so Funnie...............Ha, well lets just say I wear a 36" pants, I ordered a size up to 38" so I could layer if needed. Well, they were some nut huggers to say the least. I exchanged them for 40" pants. The waist was fine, but still just didn't feel right in the crouch and thighs.....or loose enough if I wanted to layer them. I guess having a LARGE PACKAGE is the problem :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :walk: :walk: :walk:

Oh, I aslo ordered an XL merino wool pullover. Well it was tight as hell too, so I exchanged it for a 2XL, guess all this gym time has bulked me up, I usually wear a SHEMEDIUM in shirts :naka: :naka: :naka:
Lacire

Post by Lacire »

hoobilly wrote: August 4th, 2021, 7:05 am
Lacire wrote: August 4th, 2021, 2:41 am Sitka Gear is expensive but it’s well made. I’ve really liked using there mid weight Mountain paints for the fall deer and spring turkey seasons over the last three years. I use them with there suspenders and I was surprised by how much my old legs like the built in removable knee pads. (I do remove them if I plan on doing a lot of walking or hiking because the pads can chaff you). I had a chance to hunt Gould’s in Mexico this year and bought a pair of there very light weight Ascent paints. When I was there it was hot and we busted through a lot of chaparral. I thought for sure these would be shredded but, no snags, rips or tears and I don’t think I could’ve found a cooler pair of pants. So I can recommend both of these. I’m sure the Equinox paints you purchased are of the same quality.
If I remember correctly Logan’s pants have Kevlar in the knees and in the butt. He said no cuts abrasion or thorns have passed through

I’m not sure if I’ve seen any Sitka with kevlar but I know a couple of bow hunters that use there Timberline paints. They have double reinforced ripstop nylon knees and seat and include the suspenders and knee pads.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Lacire wrote: August 4th, 2021, 5:47 pm

I’m not sure if I’ve seen any Sitka with kevlar but I know a couple of bow hunters that use there Timberline paints. They have double reinforced ripstop nylon knees and seat and include the suspenders and knee pads.
He definitely has suspenders

spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

CamoMan4025 wrote: August 4th, 2021, 11:44 am
ICDEDTURKES wrote: August 4th, 2021, 12:51 am
Oh Tommie Boy...........You so Funnie...............Ha, well lets just say I wear a 36" pants, I ordered a size up to 38" so I could layer if needed. Well, they were some nut huggers to say the least. I exchanged them for 40" pants. The waist was fine, but still just didn't feel right in the crouch and thighs.....or loose enough if I wanted to layer them. I guess having a LARGE PACKAGE is the problem :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :walk: :walk: :walk:

Oh, I aslo ordered an XL merino wool pullover. Well it was tight as hell too, so I exchanged it for a 2XL, guess all this gym time has bulked me up, I usually wear a SHEMEDIUM in shirts :naka: :naka: :naka:
Says the Shemale who drinks blueberry beer and sips peach whiskey, just sayin ! :slap:
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Haters Gonna Hate!!!
MarcoAmara

Post by MarcoAmara »

Lacire wrote: August 4th, 2021, 5:47 pm

Used to timberline paints too

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”