Meadow Creek Mounts

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
decoykrvr

Meadow Creek Mounts

Post by decoykrvr »

I would appreciate any observations and experiences utilizing the Meadow Creek Mounts w/ a red dot turkey hunting ie. target acquisition, visibility, ease of use etc..
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Meadow Creek Mounts

Post by Hoobilly »

Can be beat for any gun that has a vent rib and not drilled tapped for optics. I actually prefer it on the rib as it’s more fluid on a swing than dots that are really close to the rear of the receiver
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

Brice,
You had indicated previously that you were considering leaving the mounted optics on your shotgun for wing shooting. Have you played/hunted w/ that set-up yet on flying targets/birds? Thanks
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

decoykrvr wrote: June 24th, 2021, 10:51 am Brice,
You had indicated previously that you were considering leaving the mounted optics on your shotgun for wing shooting. Have you played/hunted w/ that set-up yet on flying targets/birds? Thanks
On my BPS 410 I killed geese and ducks with it. I also used the Yildiz and missed like 3-5 geese. Went and shot it and forgot to sight in with lighter load as it shoots higher. Overshot every one

It’s easier to follow through with them mounted on the vent vs receiver

swampchicken

Post by swampchicken »

I have a 301 410 that has a vortex venom on it I have killed mallards/gadwalls with it. I would think a medow creek mount on a vent rib would be easier. But was easily done with the 301 so not too shabby.
SpitNDrumN

Post by SpitNDrumN »

Solid as a rock. Excellent mount for any gun with a vent rib. Prefer it over receiver mounted now. Even more field of view and even faster target acquisition.
Jerryd

Post by Jerryd »

Image[/img]
I like this mount a lot good solid mount
Attachments
IMG_0174.jpeg
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Samm4770 »

I enjoy the meadow creek mounts. Being a rib mount you can mount them anywhere on the rib and have great success
Jeff68

Post by Jeff68 »

I have one on my bps 10. It's a solid mount,I handload 3 oz 5 shot and it has not affected it one bit.
N2TRKYS

Post by N2TRKYS »

Do they offer a receiver mount option? I’m looking for a mount for a Holosun 507c X2 to go on an 870 20ga.
Dtrkyman

Post by Dtrkyman »

Sumtoy for receiver mount.
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

Last year I put Meadow Creek mounts and a Vortex Venom on a Weatherby SA-08, 20 gauge compact. I'm really pleased w/ the increased view and speed of target acquisition afforded the "Scout Concept" mounting.
N2TRKYS

Post by N2TRKYS »

Dtrkyman wrote: May 31st, 2023, 11:21 am Sumtoy for receiver mount.
Anybody else make a receiver mount? Something that looks and performs as good as the Burris Fastfire base?
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

N2TRKYS wrote: May 31st, 2023, 8:38 am Do they offer a receiver mount option? I’m looking for a mount for a Holosun 507c X2 to go on an 870 20ga.
The EGW universal mount is made for Holosun footprint!
Solid and won’t ever loosen up on you

They also offer a discount for GN members
Use promocode GOBBLER Basically free shipping

N2TRKYS

Post by N2TRKYS »

Hoobilly wrote: May 31st, 2023, 2:46 pm
N2TRKYS wrote: May 31st, 2023, 8:38 am Do they offer a receiver mount option? I’m looking for a mount for a Holosun 507c X2 to go on an 870 20ga.
The EGW universal mount is made for Holosun footprint!
Solid and won’t ever loosen up on you

They also offer a discount for GN members
Use promocode GOBBLER Basically free shipping

Thank you for the info. :thumbup:
hiddenagenda37

Post by hiddenagenda37 »

Just found out that Warne makes a rib mount for red dots. Haven't used it, but have used Warne rings, their stuff is some of the very best. Looking hard at one of these rib mounts for a 14" Contender barrel with vent rib.
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

Since I started this thread in 2021, I've killed 4 gobblers with the Weatherby SA-08, 20 gauge compact utilizing the Meadow Creek Mounts on the vent rib. I'm sold on the quality of the mounts, the ease of target acquisition, and the increased visualization and spatial perspective afforded by having the red dot on the rib. I got an Affinity 3, 20 gauge last year which is drilled and tapped, obtained a Sumtoy base, and was going to set it up , but the more I hunt w/ the Weatherby, the more I like it, and the Affinity is now a dove, upland bird, waterfowl gun.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

I totally agree! Meadow Creek is the best on the market. You can’t go wrong. A great product and a great guy! Greg will do you right.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
MeadowCreekMounts

Post by MeadowCreekMounts »

Hognutz wrote: October 31st, 2023, 11:23 am I totally agree! Meadow Creek is the best on the market. You can’t go wrong. A great product and a great guy! Greg will do you right.
Thanks Hognutz!
MeadowCreekMounts

hiddenagenda37 wrote: October 31st, 2023, 12:00 am Just found out that Warne makes a rib mount for red dots. Haven't used it, but have used Warne rings, their stuff is some of the very best. Looking hard at one of these rib mounts for a 14" Contender barrel with vent rib.
I grabbed one to see how it mounts... I'll refrain from commenting :shock:
MeadowCreekMounts

decoykrvr wrote: October 31st, 2023, 11:12 am Since I started this thread in 2021, I've killed 4 gobblers with the Weatherby SA-08, 20 gauge compact utilizing the Meadow Creek Mounts on the vent rib. I'm sold on the quality of the mounts, the ease of target acquisition, and the increased visualization and spatial perspective afforded by having the red dot on the rib. I got an Affinity 3, 20 gauge last year which is drilled and tapped, obtained a Sumtoy base, and was going to set it up , but the more I hunt w/ the Weatherby, the more I like it, and the Affinity is now a dove, upland bird, waterfowl gun.
Thanks decoykrvr, we have a lot of guys using them for wingshooting now. Brice sent me a few pics a few years ago of some geese he smacked with one as well.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

GALongbeardSmacker wrote: December 17th, 2023, 10:06 pm
decoykrvr wrote: October 31st, 2023, 11:12 am Since I started this thread in 2021, I've killed 4 gobblers with the Weatherby SA-08, 20 gauge compact utilizing the Meadow Creek Mounts on the vent rib. I'm sold on the quality of the mounts, the ease of target acquisition, and the increased visualization and spatial perspective afforded by having the red dot on the rib. I got an Affinity 3, 20 gauge last year which is drilled and tapped, obtained a Sumtoy base, and was going to set it up , but the more I hunt w/ the Weatherby, the more I like it, and the Affinity is now a dove, upland bird, waterfowl gun.
Thanks decoykrvr, we have a lot of guys using them for wingshooting now. Brice sent me a few pics a few years ago of some geese he smacked with one as well.
This past spring I shot a gobbler straight up the side of the mountain in Kentucky. Smoked it while shooting at an odd angle. It did a complete roll and took to flight I wing shot him like you would a duck. Wacked him. Head over back wings folded and feet down. Hurling himself into a massive tree breaking wings and legs he hit it so hard. That tree wasn’t 20 yards from me. I heard his bones break

MeadowCreekMounts

Hoobilly wrote: December 17th, 2023, 10:16 pm
GALongbeardSmacker wrote: December 17th, 2023, 10:06 pm
This past spring I shot a gobbler straight up the side of the mountain in Kentucky. Smoked it while shooting at an odd angle. It did a complete roll and took to flight I wing shot him like you would a duck. Wacked him. Head over back wings folded and feet down. Hurling himself into a massive tree breaking wings and legs he hit it so hard. That tree wasn’t 20 yards from me. I heard his bones break
That counts!

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”