Planning Out of State Turkey hunting by state reference thread

Turkey hunting tips & tricks that have worked & can help others.
birddogdad

Planning Out of State Turkey hunting by state reference thread

Post by birddogdad »

deleted and disheartened.
Last edited by birddogdad on May 28th, 2020, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Planning Out of State Turkey hunting by state reference thread

Post by howl »

Lotta places USED to lots of easy birds before word got out.
birddogdad

Post by birddogdad »

wasted effort :banghead:
Kisatchie

Post by Kisatchie »

Let me guess... you actually expected people to tell you what states are good turkey destinations lol. 15 years ago someone could say what state without the chance of being over run by out of staters as long as you didn’t get specific about WMAs or county’s etc. within that state. Now if someone even hints at a decent turkey population the gold rush mentality takes over. Too many people with now public land getting more crowded. Way I see it you got two choices
1. Build a time machine and go back to 1985
2. Learn how to find places and turkeys on your own like everyone else.
Turkey hunting welfare has been canceled.
PS if you get that time machine built I’d pay for a ride back to 1993 since it’s on your way.
birddogdad

Post by birddogdad »

Kisatchie wrote: May 28th, 2020, 4:16 pm Let me guess... you actually expected people to tell you what states are good turkey destinations lol. 15 years ago someone could say what state without the chance of being over run by out of staters as long as you didn’t get specific about WMAs or county’s etc. within that state. Now if someone even hints at a decent turkey population the gold rush mentality takes over. Too many people with now public land getting more crowded. Way I see it you got two choices
1. Build a time machine and go back to 1985
2. Learn how to find places and turkeys on your own like everyone else.
Turkey hunting welfare has been canceled.
PS if you get that time machine built I’d pay for a ride back to 1993 since it’s on your way.
sad reply and clearly misunderstood .. and my judgement to your response right bak at ya - chances are you have not flown or even hunted out of state with a goal in mind before... but hey great response! well played...
Kisatchie

Post by Kisatchie »

I hunt 4-5 states a season I don’t know anyone that hunts out of state without a goal? You deleted the OP so if you weren’t asking for places to hunt what were you asking for? Maybe I was wrong or maybe I was dead on about you asking for info?
SwampDrummin

Post by SwampDrummin »

I’ve got birds roosted in 12 states that I could drop you a pin to, is that what you were looking for?
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

SwampDrummin wrote: May 29th, 2020, 1:10 am I’ve got birds roosted in 12 states that I could drop you a pin to, is that what you were looking for?
You could just do a mass pm to all members and thanks also if not public could you include the permission forms ! Again thanks your the best !! :thumbup: :roll: :toothy7:

Return to “Hunt Strategies”