Before Pulling the Trigger

Turkey hunting tips & tricks that have worked & can help others.
Paulyoung

Re: Before Pulling the Trigger

Post by Paulyoung »

I have had good success shooting lefty, if a bird circles and comes in on the 'wrong' side. Just gotta remember to close your right eye. Obviously, if you are a lefty, it's the other way around. -Paul
bradr3367

Post by bradr3367 »

I've tried a fast swing and a slow swing to get on them. And neither method has ended well. Good luck
quavodus

Post by quavodus »

I just move glacier slow or wait for him to go behind something, or turn.
"I live in America, why do I have to press 1 for English?"
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

If you hunt Massachusetts or New York, please just swing on em and see what happens, actually stand up first. They're called 'Wild' Turkeys for a reason. They have nothing to do but survive, plain and simple. Every single turkey is a different one
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
Timmer

Post by Timmer »

Early on in my turkey career I learned some hard lessons about shouldering a gun too quickly and then waiting for a slow bird to work his way in. By the time he came in I was holding the gun up for so long I was shaking and and moving the barrel around and struggled to aim. Since that time I have waited until I know where the bird is and he has closed the distance to near, or within, shooting range. Ideally the bird will still cross behind tree or strut and turn his back to me and that is when I raise the gun. However, many times I didn't have that opportunity and I have just moved my gun very slowly. Keep in mind that when I think a bird is coming I do situate myself so that I'm facing his direction and my gun is on my knee so I usually only have a little ways to move the barrel.
Timmer
All of the tools, some of the skills!

Return to “Hunt Strategies”