Pine Goat Mount

General discussion on getting your trophy preserved & for Taxidermist to show their work
Post Reply
User avatar
SwampDrummin
Posts: 450
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 5:38 pm

Pine Goat Mount

Post by SwampDrummin » November 11th, 2019, 1:24 am

I killed this heavy horned 8 last year and just got him back from the taxidermist. What a gorgeous animal he was. I shot him on a bitter cold snowy day in Illinois, the last of 7 different bucks chasing a hot doe. He ghosted out of the woods 25 yards away into the icy crp grass I was watching. I remember his dark horns silhouetted black against the snow even in the overcast gloom. I don’t remember the shot but I remember watching him wheel and run 50 yards back into the timber before he fell and slid another 10, the whole scene temporarily immortalized in the snow. What a day.
Attachments
2CF959BC-093E-49A2-B0BC-C2EE732FB71D.jpeg

User avatar
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 4196
Joined: July 11th, 2011, 7:50 pm
Location: Bumpass VA, moving to Fuget KY

Re: Pine Goat Mount

Post by guesswho » November 11th, 2019, 8:10 am

That's a great looking mount, congrats.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff

User avatar
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 2192
Joined: March 31st, 2015, 8:04 am
Location: Gaffney SC

Re: Pine Goat Mount

Post by soiltester » November 11th, 2019, 8:30 am

They don't get more perfect than that one is :thumbup: :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??

User avatar
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 5829
Joined: June 28th, 2011, 5:29 pm
Location: S.E. Wisconsin. Global Flatulater

Re: Pine Goat Mount

Post by Hognutz » November 11th, 2019, 8:38 am

Crazy good mount. Congrats on a beautiful buck and mount!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 7679
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Pine Goat Mount

Post by hoobilly » November 11th, 2019, 9:08 am

Man what a beautiful buck and your taxidermist hit a home run

Swampstalk
Posts: 87
Joined: November 16th, 2018, 3:48 pm
Location: Palmetto Bay, Florida

Re: Pine Goat Mount

Post by Swampstalk » November 11th, 2019, 11:19 am

SwampDrummin,

They sure don't build them like that down in South Florida! Beautiful buck!
Don

PharmHunter
Posts: 14
Joined: March 21st, 2018, 5:04 pm

Re: Pine Goat Mount

Post by PharmHunter » November 11th, 2019, 1:00 pm

Heckuva buck and beautiful mount.

User avatar
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1019
Joined: February 24th, 2013, 12:32 am
Location: West TN

Re: Pine Goat Mount

Post by Southern Sportsman » November 11th, 2019, 1:40 pm

Beast of an 8pt. I love double throat patches. I don’t know why, they just look extra cool to me.
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly

firedup
Posts: 241
Joined: November 25th, 2013, 7:51 pm

Re: Pine Goat Mount

Post by firedup » November 12th, 2019, 7:54 pm

What a deer all way round. And a great mount! Don't see to many 8 pts any better than that one.

User avatar
SwampDrummin
Posts: 450
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 5:38 pm

Re: Pine Goat Mount

Post by SwampDrummin » November 12th, 2019, 10:34 pm

hoobilly wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 9:08 am
Man what a beautiful buck and your taxidermist hit a home run
That he did and he knew it, haha. He was glowing as much as me on pickup day.

User avatar
SwampDrummin
Posts: 450
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 5:38 pm

Re: Pine Goat Mount

Post by SwampDrummin » November 12th, 2019, 11:06 pm

Southern Sportsman wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 1:40 pm
Beast of an 8pt. I love double throat patches. I don’t know why, they just look extra cool to me.
I agree they definitely amp it up a notch.I had never thought about doing anything other than skull mounts until I got a picture of him the previous year in all his glory. He was even prettier on the hoof.

I think I've only gotten 2 on camera and the second one showed up this year to replace the one I shot. Brother aptly named him him "Patches". If he decides to meet me in another 2-3 years, who knows, my guy might get a buddy.

Here he is the previous year on the hoof and sparring with a 100 inch eight point:
Buck27_5x5_Ten Point - CRABCLAW (5).JPG
Buck27_5x5_Ten Point - CRABCLAW (16).JPG
Here's 'Patches':
1. Patches 2.JPG
Attachments
1. Patches 3.JPG

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 7679
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Pine Goat Mount

Post by hoobilly » November 12th, 2019, 11:09 pm

its always cooler to have pictures of them alive!

User avatar
SwampDrummin
Posts: 450
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 5:38 pm

Re: Pine Goat Mount

Post by SwampDrummin » November 12th, 2019, 11:16 pm

Swampstalk wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 11:19 am
SwampDrummin,

They sure don't build them like that down in South Florida! Beautiful buck!
That they do not. I actually went on a bow hunt on St. Vincent Island in Florida about 2 weeks ago. Those are the deer you see in old timer photos with deer slung over their shoulders, not Illinois deer. I think the largest ever killed on the island weighed 163 lbs. Some Illinois bucks surpass that the first year they get a rack!

Hobbes_mobile
Posts: 252
Joined: April 23rd, 2019, 11:18 am

Re: Pine Goat Mount

Post by Hobbes_mobile » November 12th, 2019, 11:38 pm

That's a beautiful buck all the way around.

User avatar
SwampDrummin
Posts: 450
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 5:38 pm

Re: Pine Goat Mount

Post by SwampDrummin » November 12th, 2019, 11:53 pm

hoobilly wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 11:09 pm
its always cooler to have pictures of them alive!
You're right about that. What's even cooler is video mode. He and the other buck in the photo above sat and sparred in front of my camera for a while. Eventually things escalated and turned south for the little buck quite quickly!

https://youtu.be/zoRzZiYpJCM

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 7679
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Pine Goat Mount

Post by hoobilly » November 13th, 2019, 12:52 pm

SwampDrummin wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 11:53 pm
hoobilly wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 11:09 pm
its always cooler to have pictures of them alive!
You're right about that. What's even cooler is video mode. He and the other buck in the photo above sat and sparred in front of my camera for a while. Eventually things escalated and turned south for the little buck quite quickly!

https://youtu.be/zoRzZiYpJCM
Now the lil buck is ruling the roost 😆

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 7679
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Pine Goat Mount

Post by hoobilly » November 15th, 2019, 5:20 pm

Here’s my last bow buck.. shot with my Hoobilly Solace Athens
it has a double white patch with the bottom thats not really pronounced like some I have seen

shot a 125" 8 about 18 years ago that had one huge white patch halfway down the neck almost to the brisket. had white front legs and clear hooves on the fronts. I had saved them but the dog snuck them out of the garage and chewed them real good :lol:
Attachments
A1BE4C57-F785-4D0B-ABC2-86CED95B9BF5.jpeg
509F0079-7280-4414-A5A2-309152B0444D.jpeg

User avatar
ncturkey
Posts: 795
Joined: September 15th, 2011, 2:22 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Pine Goat Mount

Post by ncturkey » November 26th, 2019, 9:54 pm

Very nice mount.
Mike

User avatar
kythunter
Posts: 258
Joined: April 23rd, 2015, 1:24 pm
Location: Western Kentucky

Re: Pine Goat Mount

Post by kythunter » November 27th, 2019, 8:39 am

SwampDrummin wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 1:24 am
I killed this heavy horned 8 last year and just got him back from the taxidermist. What a gorgeous animal he was. I shot him on a bitter cold snowy day in Illinois, the last of 7 different bucks chasing a hot doe. He ghosted out of the woods 25 yards away into the icy crp grass I was watching. I remember his dark horns silhouetted black against the snow even in the overcast gloom. I don’t remember the shot but I remember watching him wheel and run 50 yards back into the timber before he fell and slid another 10, the whole scene temporarily immortalized in the snow. What a day.
Great buck man he's a hoss. Really good taxidermy work, like the details.

spider316
Posts: 317
Joined: March 24th, 2017, 9:44 am

Re: Pine Goat Mount

Post by spider316 » November 29th, 2019, 4:52 pm

Simply wow, he'd definitely get me amped up. The art work your Taxidermist created is incredible, congrats !

Post Reply

Return to “Taxidermy”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest