Covid in my house

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Covid in my house

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

My wife tested positive yesterday. Her symptoms started on Friday. She felt bad yesterday, flu like symptoms, but quite a bit better today. They said quarantine for 5 days from first symptoms.

I'm feeling bad today, but not as bad as her. I'm sure that I've got it. I've mostly been a little dizzy this afternoon with a little coughing. So far, I've had a hell of a lot worse before from the flu. I'll have to work remotely this week regardless or take sick time and get tested before I can return to the office. They may want me to test tomorrow. I'm really too busy at work right now to not work. I've got a couple hours in today.

We were both sick a couple to three weeks ago but both tested negative.

Since someone is sure to wonder I've had two vaccine shots but my wife only one. She didn't feel good on the first and chickened out on a second. Neither shot bothered me.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Covid in my house

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hope y'all feel better... Everyone has it right now... Heck there's people trying to catch this strain for the antibodies...
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Prayers lifted that you, your wife and family get over this without any issues..🙏
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Chief Razor

Post by Chief Razor »

Hope you and the Mrs recover quickly. Seems like everyone I know is coming down with it right now. Luckily its been super mild across the board.
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Shane, prayers for you and your family. Hopefully it will be a quick and full recovery for all involved.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

Mr. Hobbes, right now things are crazy. I tested positive 2 weeks ago with absolutely no symptoms. The only reason I tested myself at work was to be a smart ass. My daughter was sick as hell starting December 30 with a fever, sore throat, head ache, vomiting and diarrhea. Tested NEGATIVE for Strep, Flu A&B, and Covid !!! Just eat healthy and maintain proper adult hygiene. Wife and I both do vitamin C,Zinc and a multivitamin. I do an occasional Ivermectin dose. Hopefully everyone in the family and household stays well and prayers for those !
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

I've done vitamin C and D today and some over the counter cold meds. I'm just assuming that's what I have since Heather has it. She's been taking a couple meds the doc prescribed, antibiotics and steroids. Then she's taking Vitamin A, C, and D, zinc, Quercetin, NAC, Melatonin, and Ivermectin. I suppose she's trying to cover all the bases.😀 She watches several health nuts that recommend everything under the sun. I can't stand to watch them.

I don't think my insides would work right for a month if I took that much stuff.
Gooserbat

Post by Gooserbat »

All I'm saying is that I've been taking ivermectin and when my wife and daughter got it for the second time I came down with minor symptoms and it lasted about 36 hours.
Momma did you hear that gooserbat?
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

A 58 year old first cousin, a fully vaccinated nurse on the Covid frontlines, died last week from sepsis generated by the virus. I don't know what variant it was as if that makes any difference. One of my sisters has had it twice. Second time worse. She's fully vaccinated. Gil
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

GLS wrote: January 24th, 2022, 5:32 am A 58 year old first cousin, a fully vaccinated nurse on the Covid frontlines, died last week from sepsis generated by the virus. I don't know what variant it was as if that makes any difference. One of my sisters has had it twice. Second time worse. She's fully vaccinated. Gil
Sorry to hear about that. So many have died and it saddens me

I’ve had Covid twice

1st time was last March. Hydroxichloroquine and ivermectin and prayer I was good to go after day 5. 2nd time it started the night my daughter killed jet muzzleloader buck. I still have a sinus issue lingering. But I take ivermectin as needed.

Flcc protocol says you should double up dosage of ivermectin with delta. Which I did several times.

My sister is a nurse. Hospital weekly reports stopped when more patients admitted were fully vaxxed overtook non vaxxed patients

Now if your not boosted your not considered fully vaxxed. So the weekly reports have started back up.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

We pray all are well soon :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
WAGinVA

Post by WAGinVA »

Shane, sorry to hear that you are ill. similar happenings in my house. My daughter tested positive (neonatal nurse) on 1/12. I had a slight fever (we keep the grandkids two days a week) so I got tested on 1/13, positive. because of my age, sex and underlying conditions my doc immediately started me on antiviral pills. My symptoms were never worse than a cross between the flu and a bad cold. My wife tested negative with no symptoms. We are both fully vaxxed and boosted. Interestingly, she had a significant reaction to the second vax shot and the booster, I had no reaction to any of the three. Just to show you that everyone reacts differently to this virus, I have a neighbor who is 63, developed fever on 12/23 was hospitalized on 12/26, and just returned home still on oxygen 1/22. I do not know his vax status although he and I had discussed vaccines last fall.
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

Hope you get well soon.
Half the people I know have had it since Christmas. My wife and I had it over New Years, unknowingly brought in by my daughter's boyfriend it appears. No one was real sick thankfully, just kind of yucky for a few days.
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

I feel worse today with flu symptom, dizzy, headache, aches, nauseous. Heather feels better still. I'm just a couple days behind her it seems. I'm pretty sure that my 19 year old son has it now.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Hobbes_mobile wrote: January 24th, 2022, 10:38 am I feel worse today with flu symptom, dizzy, headache, aches, nauseous. Heather feels better still. I'm just a couple days behind her it seems. I'm pretty sure that my 19 year old son has it now.
Hope all return to better health soon. Gil
crow

Post by crow »

Prayers for your family, hope you all start feeling better
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. I don't think it's going to hit us any worse that the flu would. I'm actually feeling a little better from earlier this morning. I even logged into a work meeting.

I'm hoping this clears out quickly. My mom and sister are supposed to fly in on Saturday. Mom already had to cancel back in August when Dad's health had started downward before he passed in October. This visit may start off kind of tough since she's never travelled here without Dad.
joey46

Post by joey46 »

Good luck. It seems to be everywhere now.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

Hope all y'all get over it soon. It's not a fun thing to have.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

I'm aching this morning but not nauseous like yesterday morning. My wife may feel a little worse than me and still nauseous. It seems to come and go. There's not a lot of work getting done.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Hobbes_mobile wrote: January 25th, 2022, 10:41 am I'm aching this morning but not nauseous like yesterday morning. My wife may feel a little worse than me and still nauseous. It seems to come and go. There's not a lot of work getting done.
Shane, we sure hope ya'll get it gone before the weekend, so you can host mom and sis :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Swampstalk

Post by Swampstalk »

Shane,

Sorry to hear you and wife are dealing with COVID. Feel better soon. We were up with my daughter her husband and 6 month old around New Years for a week helping on projects with there new house in St. Pete. Day before we were to leave our SIL comes down with the crud, fever, coughing, sore throat, etc. He was exiled to the bedroom for a week, we left the next morning. He, daughter came up negative. A week goes by and I come down with something similar, tested negative for COVID, FLU A&B. I have both shoots and booster. Finally my DIL (a teacher) and one of my granddaughters at the same school tests positive, and they have had minor symptom, being vaccinated. But they had stopped by our house thinking all's well. So my daughter was visiting last week, my wife, and I all tested again and were negative.

At the same school a husband and wife teachers both came down with a sever case of COVID, both having pneumonia and other complications. He was released after a week or so. She is still in on oxygen and with some liver issues. Neither of them were vaccinated. Sorry for their fours kids!

Good luck to you and yours!
Don
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

Dang that sounds bad. We are both doing good today. Neither of us has had a fever. I guess I may have had a slight one on Monday morning. Heather's quarantine ended after yesterday. The county health department called about hers because the test was reported. I've not actually been tested but mine would end after tomorrow.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”