Who all is traveling 2022???

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
joey46

Re: Who all is traveling 2022???

Post by joey46 »

Chief Razor wrote: January 9th, 2022, 10:57 am For all those planning a trip to Ohio this year. The bag limit has been reduced to 1 bird. Just fyi
A good thing.
Chief Razor

Post by Chief Razor »

I agree.
jmercmon

Post by jmercmon »

hoobilly wrote: January 7th, 2022, 11:53 am
soiltester wrote: January 7th, 2022, 11:10 am
hoobilly wrote: January 7th, 2022, 10:22 am

I would hope so

I have the constitutional exemption lol
And God and ivermectin
I know your motto .. "no vax, no fly, just drive" :stir:
Does anyone who flys have to take the jab???
No, currently you do not need to be vaccinated to fly. If you come back from another country you need a clean test 3 days before or 24hr if your not vaccinated. Was south of the boarder for work just recently and had no issues coming back with neg test in hand. Once state side no one cares.

But no way in hell had you better take that mask off on the plane they might throw you out at 35000 feet. Eat a peanut and put it back on. Lol
My **** slipped of my nose while sleeping and they woke me up to cover up.
Kylimblifter

Post by Kylimblifter »

Plans not completely finalized but most likely Mississippi, Texas, then home in Kentucky, then off to nebraska, hopefully Indiana but not sure if I’ll get to this year, most likely West Virginia, and then finish the season with my buddy who is a school teacher either somewhere north or west once school gets out. The wife has started travel nursing lately so I’ll have a lot of freedom to travel and hunt using off days and vacation this spring. I’m really excited about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Not traveling no where this year. Just ky.
I’m prolly gonna never get my US Slam. So it don’t bother me that I don’t hunt other states. I got my world so I guess that’s that. I like to get my Mexican slam but we gonna wait it out this year.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Kylimblifter wrote: January 23rd, 2022, 6:00 pm Plans not completely finalized but most likely Mississippi, Texas, then home in Kentucky, then off to nebraska, hopefully Indiana but not sure if I’ll get to this year, most likely West Virginia, and then finish the season with my buddy who is a school teacher either somewhere north or west once school gets out. The wife has started travel nursing lately so I’ll have a lot of freedom to travel and hunt using off days and vacation this spring. I’m really excited about it

Travel nurses are making bank right now!

I hear 4-10k a week
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

OLE RASPY wrote: January 23rd, 2022, 6:31 pm Not traveling no where this year. Just ky.
I’m prolly gonna never get my US Slam. So it don’t bother me that I don’t hunt other states. I got my world so I guess that’s that. I like to get my Mexican slam but we gonna wait it out this year.
One day atta time!

Kylimblifter

Post by Kylimblifter »

hoobilly wrote:
Kylimblifter wrote: January 23rd, 2022, 6:00 pm Plans not completely finalized but most likely Mississippi, Texas, then home in Kentucky, then off to nebraska, hopefully Indiana but not sure if I’ll get to this year, most likely West Virginia, and then finish the season with my buddy who is a school teacher either somewhere north or west once school gets out. The wife has started travel nursing lately so I’ll have a lot of freedom to travel and hunt using off days and vacation this spring. I’m really excited about it

Travel nurses are making bank right now!

I hear 4-10k a week
Not quite that much but still ridiculous money. That doesn’t hurt for the traveling either [emoji23]

JerseyGobbler

Post by JerseyGobbler »

I will be in for Kansas, NY, and probably New Hampshire. Was looking into TN this year but I don’t know if I can swing it. I have to save some days off to deer hunt Iowa in the fall.
hootn

Post by hootn »

looks like its kansas for me. got some private land that i can hunt. we might try to go to Oklahoma if we have some luck in kansas.

scott
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

hootn wrote: January 29th, 2022, 8:01 pm looks like its kansas for me. got some private land that i can hunt. we might try to go to Oklahoma if we have some luck in kansas.

scott
You need any 410 let me know

I got a source

:LMAO:

soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

OLE RASPY wrote: January 23rd, 2022, 6:31 pm Not traveling no where this year. Just ky.
Hey, OLE Raspy, I can get ya' the name of who we go to in Mexico and info if you want a Goulds!
How many guys have you in your group??

Won't know until after this spring if I'll be headed back again next year yet or not??
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

soiltester wrote: January 30th, 2022, 7:42 am
Hey, OLE Raspy, I can get ya' the name of who we go to in Mexico and info if you want a Goulds!

Won't know until after this spring if I'll be headed back again next year yet or not??
I’ve already got my goulds. Just need a rio in Mexico.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Pickett

Post by Pickett »

AR. LA. OK. KS. NC. MN.
N MAYBE MO
ltprodtorreyh

Post by ltprodtorreyh »

Me

soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

OLE RASPY wrote: January 30th, 2022, 4:26 pm
soiltester wrote: January 30th, 2022, 7:42 am

I’ve already got my goulds. Just need a rio in Mexico.
Why not a Rio in Texas???
I'll let ya' know how I do in April as is a lot less $ and hassle ;)
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Alright. Yea let me know Charlie. You got my number.
I’ve killed a rio in Texas. If I kill a rio in Mexico that is a Mexican slam is all.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

OLE RASPY wrote: January 31st, 2022, 10:04 pm Alright. Yea let me know Charlie. You got my number.
I’ve killed a rio in Texas. If I kill a rio in Mexico that is a Mexican slam is all.
That's a new one on me ;)

Go N' git' em' :thumbup:
Roy

Post by Roy »

Some of us have to work for a living.
" Y'all keep discussing it among yourselves...I'm sneakin' in to pop the noisy one. " - Stinky J Picklestein
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

Good Lord willing I am planning on at least Missouri and Pennsylvania.
aristico

Post by aristico »

Roy wrote: February 1st, 2022, 2:52 pm Some of us have to work for a living.
X2
hootn

Post by hootn »

hoobilly wrote: January 29th, 2022, 10:19 pm
hootn wrote: January 29th, 2022, 8:01 pm looks like its kansas for me. got some private land that i can hunt. we might try to go to Oklahoma if we have some luck in kansas.

scott
You need any 410 let me know

I got a source

:LMAO:
I hope I don't need any,means I missed a bunch after buying from some joker back in the summer
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

WV, KY, NY for sure as I will have deer tags for them as well.

Possibly a couple turkey only trips. Will yet to be determined. As most of my travel funds will hopefully be wrapped up in an archery elk hunt this year
hootn

Post by hootn »

Well after talking to the railroad medical department this morning. I might be traveling more than I had planned on. Since I'm done, but I've got to watch the funds if I really go at it.
Prospector

Post by Prospector »

Putting everything together for Kentucky in April. Otherwise, it will be Mississippi as always. KY trip will be like TN last year: mostly a vacation with my Bride with an opportunity to hunt if the gobblers cooperate. I’m just branching out into experiencing other areas and I’m drawn to the eastern mountains. Might have something to do with being originally from SW VA myself…🤔
“Son, Turkey HUNTING starts at 40yds and in. If you can kill him farther that’s all you’re doing- KILLING. Make him think he’s answering you, call him up, kill him closer-Man! Now that’s what it’s meant to be…” Johnnie Keel ( an Old Pro most never know)

Return to “Gobbler Talk”