RONA IN DA HOUSE!!!

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

RONA IN DA HOUSE!!!

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well ladies and gentlemen, looks like the RONA has hit me. My stepson and daughter in law were in town last weekend. The ladies went to a women's conference at church on Friday and Saturday, then we all went to a funeral on Sunday. Well, on Wednesday, our daughter in law called my wife and said she tested positive. Low and behold, I started to decline and was just thinking it was my mind playing tricks on me. Well my head is super stuffed up and I've been coughing ever since. Mild headaches, but that's about it. My wife has no symptoms. I called my department's nurse practitioner and she told me to get the PCR test which takes like 3 days or so. Well I got that done yesterday. Since I absolutely have no patience, I got a couple DIY home tests. Well, mine came back positive and my wife's was negative. So now we are both waiting on the official PCR test results.

Yes, we were both vaccinated with Moderna, but I guess it made it through on me. I do have to say that I could actually be a lot worse off. I was able to go and sight in my rifles this morning for about 3 hours, but now I'm pooped. Hopefully I'm over the worst of it, but who knows.

Ya'll stay safe out there!

Kevin
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: RONA IN DA HOUSE!!!

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

CamoMan4025 wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 4:11 pm Well ladies and gentlemen, looks like the RONA has hit me. My stepson and daughter in law were in town last weekend. The ladies went to a women's conference at church on Friday and Saturday, then we all went to a funeral on Sunday. Well, on Wednesday, our daughter in law called my wife and said she tested positive. Low and behold, I started to decline and was just thinking it was my mind playing tricks on me. Well my head is super stuffed up and I've been coughing ever since. Mild headaches, but that's about it. My wife has no symptoms. I called my department's nurse practitioner and she told me to get the PCR test which takes like 3 days or so. Well I got that done yesterday. Since I absolutely have no patience, I got a couple DIY home tests. Well, mine came back positive and my wife's was negative. So now we are both waiting on the official PCR test results.

Yes, we were both vaccinated with Moderna, but I guess it made it through on me. I do have to say that I could actually be a lot worse off. I was able to go and sight in my rifles this morning for about 3 hours, but now I'm pooped. Hopefully I'm over the worst of it, but who knows.

Ya'll stay safe out there!

Kevin
That stinks.. If that's all the worse off you are it's not necessarily bad, your anti bodies gonna go through the roof..

One of my close friends wife has it, she works at nursing home, rapid test at door yup, hospital yup.. Similar symptoms as you.. But she stupid went to her son's pee wee football game.

Get well soon bud
WAGinVA

Post by WAGinVA »

Good luck and hope you feel better soon, I do not know anyone who was vaccinated that has contracted the disease but your results will likely be much better than they could have been without it. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Hang tuff, hopefully it doesn’t get any worse. 🙏
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Yeah, I'm hoping I'm over the hump, but we'll see. One of my best buddies got it along with his wife and son. He was in the hospital for over 2 weeks, son was the same, his wife was in over a month. Most of their time was spent in ICU. His wife is home on oxygen and has significant scaring on her lungs. They were not vaccinated. It hits everyone different.
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

Hey Buddy, if I'm able to do anything please ask. Dr, put you on anything ?
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Speedy recovery!

And tell your dr you need Hydroxichloroquine and ivermectin so you can get back to hunting and working
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Doctor's office just said to take Mucinex. If my symptoms worsen, then go to the ER. I just discovered at dinner that I've now lost pretty much all my taste and not too sure about the smell, too congested to tell......

FUN TIMES HAD BY ALL.........................
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Prayers to you, Kevin, and the rest of your family. Hopefully you've seen the worst and you're back on feet in no time. Prayers for a total and complete recovery. 🙏
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well the PCR just came back and WHOOPIE.............POSITIVE......what a surprise!
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

You'll be fine. 🙏
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Well at least you know and your open about it..

One of the stupidest things I've seen through the plandemic is people keeping hush when they have it or have tell tale symptoms..

I know multiple people that have had it that keep it a secret, like it's something to be embarrassed about..

My thoughts and maybe I'm wrong. First call anyone you've had close contact with inform them.. Next if you Facebook, go to Facebook and say I have tested positive, started feeling symptoms on x dates after being here or here.. Sorry off topic

Hope you've seen the worst of it Kev.. Your booster is waiting approval, they say mederna will be a smaller dose.. You probably won't need it with the stuff already injected and natural antibodies
Keep us updated Kevin
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

Here's to a speedy recovery! My inlaws got it after they had the vaccine. They recovered pretty quickly.

My father-in-law was given some sort of infusion by his doc. My mother-in-law was just given breathing treatments by her doc. The father-in-law recovered much quicker. He felt a big improvement the very next day after whatever they gave him.
Last edited by Hobbes_mobile on October 3rd, 2021, 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 9:11 pm Well at least you know and your open about it..

One of the stupidest things I've seen through the plandemic is people keeping hush when they have it or have tell tale symptoms..

I know multiple people that have had it that keep it a secret, like it's something to be embarrassed about..

My thoughts and maybe I'm wrong. First call anyone you've had close contact with inform them.. Next if you Facebook, go to Facebook and say I have tested positive, started feeling symptoms on x dates after being here or here.. Sorry off topic

Hope you've seen the worst of it Kev.. Your booster is waiting approval, they say mederna will be a smaller dose.. You probably won't need it with the stuff already injected and natural antibodies
Keep us updated Kevin
I ain’t gonna lie. I was hush hush about it. But I had it when it all started in 2020 early. Easter weekend. I mean my family knew and my coworkers. But I just kept to myself bout most of it. I really don’t why but I did. I was sicker than I’ve ever been before man. Fever of 104.5 for 13 days. They didn’t do **** for me. Sent me home from ER And told me to take Tylenol. Had to report my symptoms in a text message to health Dept everyday.
But to be honest the whole time I was sick I was thinking this shits embarrassing cause I didn’t know what to believe. If it was the China virus or what cause it was being blowed up and political.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Get well soon kev.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

wishing you a speedy recovery. Gil
WAGinVA

Post by WAGinVA »

Kevin,
I suspect the infusion that Hobbes mentioned is monoclonal antibodies. The infusion is available at many places in VA and my understanding is that the sooner you get it after you test positive the greater the results you will see. Just google monoclonal antibody infusion in VA and you should get a list of sites where it is available, I know of several people who received this treatment and recovered very quickly. I think this is the same treatment that Trump got when he tested positive.
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

WAGinVA wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 8:23 am Kevin,
I suspect the infusion that Hobbes mentioned is monoclonal antibodies. The infusion is available at many places in VA and my understanding is that the sooner you get it after you test positive the greater the results you will see. Just google monoclonal antibody infusion in VA and you should get a list of sites where it is available, I know of several people who received this treatment and recovered very quickly. I think this is the same treatment that Trump got when he tested positive.
That sounds familiar but I'd have to call and check. It made a world of difference for him.

We just missed getting it because they all got it right after we left from our visit. It was close enough that we kept to ourselves for a few days to make sure we weren't going to have it too.
2nd100

Post by 2nd100 »

Regeneron in the first couple days after a positive test makes big a difference . I am unvaccinated and had the Moncolodial antibodies ( Regeneron ) injected in 4 shots in my abdomen on 2nd day after positive test . they just started clinics for it here in Georgia . I believe that and the monthly doses of Ivermectin really kept the Chinese virus form being real bad on me .
I have Asthma , COPD , Diabetes and am 53 yrs old so overweight also . it was really no worse than a summer cold for me really ...
10th Legion legionare !
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

WAGinVA wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 8:23 am Kevin,
That is the treatment that my father-in-law was given.
MFL205

Post by MFL205 »

Good luck everyone! Praying for a Speedy recovery for everyone!!!
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

Hope you're feeling better but I figured you would have blown it up by now!!

I had it in Jan of 202 & was in pretty bad shape for about6 weeks. Took antibiotics for 10 days with no
effect. Stronger antibiotics & steroids for another 10 day. Luckily, they started me down the path to
recovery or the next step was the hospital. This was before anyone even knew what Covid-19 was or at
least before they admitted to it.

I have had different strains of flu many times but never was as sick a I was with this creeping crude!!
Hope I never feel that bad again.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Feeling any better?

Fevers chills etc?
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

hoobilly wrote: October 5th, 2021, 10:16 am Feeling any better?

Fevers chills etc?
Same here. Wondering how you are making it?
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Hey guys, sorry for the delay......yes, I'm a lot better. I don't want to sound smart or brag, but I think I had a fairly mild case of it. For about 2-3 days I had super bad head congestion and a cough. The cough was dry for about 3 days then progressed to "productive" (I lerned me dat from Dr. Spider 316 and WhoBilly). My head started draining and I was coughing up crud too. I did lose my taste and smell last Saturday, but all and all it hasn't been horrible, just an inconvenience of staying home unless I leave by myself, which isn't a bad thing. I can tell if I over exert that I get winded a little, of course the extra 30lbs I have doesn't help. I've been approved to go back to work Saturday. I normally don't work weekends unless I'm called out, but I have an OT assignment at a JMU football game this Saturday and it pays very well.....wouldn't want to miss that. I have been taking Mucinex on a regular basis and I believe it's help along with the whiskey I had last night....LOL!

I really appreciate everyone's support and advice, great bunch of fellas here!

Thanks again,

Kevin

Return to “Gobbler Talk”