Game Changer

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Game Changer

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

This thing would be amazing in the tag alder river bottom I hunt where you cannot see 10 yards if that grid searching..

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Game Changer

Post by Hoobilly »

Years ago we would fly powered parachutes and see where the big bucks were at. Crazy how much easier it is from above
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 9:54 pm This thing would be amazing in the tag alder river bottom I hunt where you cannot see 10 yards if that grid searching..

Get one and let us know if it works for ya' :thumbup: :shock:

I guess I'm a "doubting Thomas" Tom :LMAO:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

I've seen thermal imaging of a bridge deck that was being captured with a drone. They could identify cracks using it. You could see definite lines where the girders were through the concrete deck due to temperature variations. I'm sure they would work for locating deer if set up right. The drone in my case was hovering around 6' above the bridge deck.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Hobbes_mobile wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 8:13 am I've seen thermal imaging of a bridge deck that was being captured with a drone. They could identify cracks using it. You could see definite lines where the girders were through the concrete deck due to temperature variations. I'm sure they would work for locating deer if set up right. The drone in my case was hovering around 6' above the bridge deck.
thats pretty cool!

paboxcall

Post by paboxcall »

Hobbes_mobile wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 8:13 am I've seen thermal imaging of a bridge deck that was being captured with a drone. They could identify cracks using it. You could see definite lines where the girders were through the concrete deck due to temperature variations. I'm sure they would work for locating deer if set up right. The drone in my case was hovering around 6' above the bridge deck.
No doubt Hobbes, drone technology has made the workplace safer. Prior it would take a worker in an articulating boom best case, or a worker climbing in fall arrest system worst case scenario, to do that inspection. Same for roof tops inspections or visual inspections of tall smoke stacks, etc.

Can also send that drone underwater in a power generating facility for example to inspect intakes instead of a diver, or a company can send a drone into a permit-required confined space to perform an inspection instead of the worker.
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer

Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

TICs(Thermal Imaging Cameras) are amazing in this modern era. In a structure fire a human shows up as a blue image in a heated room. Unfortunately the human body doesn't do good in a heated room !
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

We used a hand held unit in the Everglades on the Python hunt. We saw quick like that it wasn’t going to help us. To much stuff lights up at night in The Glades with one of those things. It will make you afraid to get out of the truck😂
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

guesswho wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 4:28 pm We used a hand held unit in the Everglades on the Python hunt. We saw quick like that it wasn’t going to help us. To much stuff lights up at night in The Glades with one of those things. It will make you afraid to get out of the truck😂
:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

Return to “Gobbler Talk”