Ida Deployment UPDATE !

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Ida Deployment UPDATE !

Post by spider316 »

My FEMA DRT team got activated at midnight last night and we deploy to the airport at noon today for a flight to Stone Mtn, Georgia for our orders. Watched a little news and it ain't good !

Thanks HOOBILLY !!! :stir:
Attachments
3FC8454C-7C91-4273-8CE8-7049FB441EEC.jpeg
0EEC97C3-DF93-406B-870C-A91AB9AB21C0.jpeg
Last edited by spider316 on September 7th, 2021, 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Ida Deployment

Post by Hoobilly »

Keep us informed!

Hope it’s not as bad as predicted
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

spider316 wrote: August 30th, 2021, 6:23 am My FEMA DRT team got activated at midnight last night and we deploy to the airport at noon today for a flight to Stone Mtn, Georgia for our orders. Watched a little news and it ain't good !
Stay safe & Good Luck.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Awesomeness that you can help, Wayne! I cannot fathom the destruction again and again..
Prayers to all in harms way.. 🙏
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Jstocks

Post by Jstocks »

I’ll be headed that way tomorrow Or Wednesday if I don’t have the dang China flu. Just took a test and was negative.
I just text my hunting buddy in River Ridge (New Orleans) and he said wind damage but he’s good. Parents lost some trees and such in Mississippi, but sounds like flooding may become an issue along the Pearl River and tributaries.
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

Jstocks wrote: August 30th, 2021, 9:43 am I’ll be headed that way tomorrow Or Wednesday if I don’t have the dang China flu. Just took a test and was negative.
I just text my hunting buddy in River Ridge (New Orleans) and he said wind damage but he’s good. Parents lost some trees and such in Mississippi, but sounds like flooding may become an issue along the Pearl River and tributaries.
I'll text you if possible, was told ATT has no towers left !
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

spider316 wrote: August 30th, 2021, 10:25 am
Jstocks wrote: August 30th, 2021, 9:43 am I’ll be headed that way tomorrow Or Wednesday if I don’t have the dang China flu. Just took a test and was negative.
I'll text you if possible, was told ATT has no towers left !
But there waiving text and data overages, saw it on the news..

To all you going or there to cleanup stay safe.. The saws, chains, flooding poses so many risks y'all know about it.. Try to keep rested and hydrated
Jstocks

Post by Jstocks »

Att works. I talked to my Dad this morning on his.
Spider, keep me
Posted where you deploy to. I know folks all over down there.
cutt down

Post by cutt down »

spider316 wrote: August 30th, 2021, 6:23 am My FEMA DRT team got activated at midnight last night and we deploy to the airport at noon today for a flight to Stone Mtn, Georgia for our orders. Watched a little news and it ain't good !
As a former FEMA ISB team member & deputy take care of yourself & be safe. I worked Gustov, Ike, Sandy, & Irene along with a few fires, ice storms, etc. Thanks for your service! Stay hydrated & try to get some rest when you can.
MFL205

Post by MFL205 »

Godspeed to everyone headed down there to help!
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Ida Deployment UPDATE !

Post by spider316 »

Ok people, please pray for everyone that has been affected by this storm ! As of 0800 this morning there are areas that have not been contacted physically yet due to the blocked road and water ways, all is drone footage of what's left. This storm was a wind event as compared to Katrina's water. I experienced probably the most horrifying thing of my career down here. Google or watch the news about the wherehouse/ Nursing home that was found in Independence,LA. Words can't describe what is was like. We worked from 0600 Wednesday morning until appx 1900 Thursday night, straight through evacuating and treating residents. It was a 154 mile trip one way to transport each person to a Mega evac site in Alexandria, LA. Grand Isle,LA is basically gone and from the footage it's about half the size it was according to the State Troopers. Well that's about all for now, please pray for all the residents in all the affected areas, it's amazing what everyone here has been through here.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

I went to Port Arthur TX when they were hit several years ago. Couldn’t believe the destruction

Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Unless you're there it's hard to fathom the destruction. You see it on the news but it doesn't do justice to the dire situation.
The destruction, heat, humidity, no electricity or gas etc. An absolute travesty... Prayers lifted for all affected and got those that are there to help.. 🙏
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Swampstalk

Post by Swampstalk »

Our hearts go out to the folks in Louisiana and the other areas impacted along the path. I agree about unless you are in it one just doesn’t related to how bad it can be.

We lived through Andrew, a Cat 5, another wind even with a wind instrument at the nuclear power plant blowing away above 150. We were without power for 5 weeks. Billions of dollars in losses, with a few direct deaths, most were after.

Since the in 2005 we had Katrina before hitting New Orleans, Rita a month later, and Wilma all three in a months time. Then Irene in 2017. Not looking forward to another even if the community is better prepared.
Don
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Swampstalk wrote: September 4th, 2021, 8:24 pm Our hearts go out to the folks in Louisiana and the other areas impacted along the path. I agree about unless you are in it one just doesn’t related to how bad it can be.

We lived through Andrew, a Cat 5, another wind even with a wind instrument at the nuclear power plant blowing away above 150. We were without power for 5 weeks. Billions of dollars in losses, with a few direct deaths, most were after.

Since the in 2005 we had Katrina before hitting New Orleans, Rita a month later, and Wilma all three in a months time. Then Irene in 2017. Not looking forward to another even if the community is better prepared.
I worked in Florida back in the early 90’s. Hurricane Hug was in 89. Couldn’t believe the distraction that I saw in 91. Whole housing complexes had to be dozered and cleaned up. Took years for it all to get done

Swampstalk

Post by Swampstalk »

Yep. Naranga Lakes development a few miles south of us. A close friend lived there and discovered two bodies in destroyed units. Building codes and construction practices were not followed. It had been 27 years since a major hurricane had hit our area when Andrew hit in August of ‘92. People were very unprepared. It was a major wake up call for everyone. Hugo in ‘89 was a big sloppy 500 mile storm, Andrew was compact intense storm with a 18 mile. eye.
Don
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Added pictures for Wayne

He’s eating at my favorite place!

WaffleHouse!!!

Be sure to see his pictures in his first post here
Attachments
CC1BB6D8-06B0-46BA-AC20-967D4EEB24F9.jpeg